non hunter trying to plan a safari/hunt honeymoon for finance. help please!

I am trying to encourage him to take something else but he's insisting on only an Impala. I have almost a year to get him to change his mind. He's worried about the added expense shipping and the taxidermy costs. I'm trying to convince him that we're spending all this money to go to Africa that the extra shipping expenses and taxidermy costs shouldn't be a reason. This very well may be our only trip to Africa and he should make the most of it! I need to get a couple estimates for shipping and brokers and all that. Still trying to figure out the logistics after it's shot. This website has been very helpful with that! He wants to have it sent to his taxidermist so I need to read up on the steps to take. I'm really hoping I can convince him to get an Impala and a Kudu (which he really wants).

haha. This all sounds so backwards. The hunter only wants 1 Impala and the non-hunting soon to be wife is encouraging him to take more!

No wonder his marrying you:) You are encouraging him to take the most animals he could tak while his there. Most men on this forum will consider you a dreamwife ;)
As for the costs shipping back home. 2 animals is not twice as expensive. Some cost are one time cost or minimum costs. I learned that the hard way my first hunt last year. Next time I am filling my crate with as much as I can :)
If you can get him to get a kudu because of the cost, make him take a warthog. Fun animal to hunt and you could choose an easy mount of just the tusks. Then he gets another animal but cheaper than a kudu. Then again, how often are you in Africa, go for the kudu. Amazing animal thats on the top of my list next time.
Good luck. Africa is awesome!

His shipping costs should not increase hardly anything at all with taking 2 animals as opposed to one.
In fact, if he did dip and pack, he could probably do 3-4 for about the same price.

as for the animal take price, there are many in the $300-$500 range. Or, He could take his impala and then do some cull hunting. But, if it were me, I'd go for a couple more "cheap" animals.
Springbuck, Warthog, blesbuck, etc.

If you can afford it, why not book the second animal as a very early first anniversary present? ;-)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SylviaSelf

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!