No frills double

I found a few more pics that illustrate the degrees of simplicity that may or may not appeal to you. I'll post them searately to keep file size down. This first one is an absolutely bare coin
IMG_6679.jpeg
IMG_6678.jpeg
finish:
 
I also had a pic, which I can't find, of oxide colours with edge engraving, but you could hardly see the engraving so there was little point to it.
 
Ed, that Trijicon mount gets nice and low, is that an after-market one that fits right into the Kreighoff slot or did machine work need to be done?
 
Trijicon makes a solid mounting block that I had machined to fit the existing cutout in the Krieghoff barrel. Keeps the cheek weld and the feel of the firearm upon mounting. Worked out real well as the line of sight for the red dot was only a small fraction of an inch above the line of sight for the open sight.
 
The English Army & Navy brand were good, unadorned working guns. A boxlock non ejector shouldn't be too cost prohibitive and less fussy than many ejection systems.
 
There are multiple Rizzini's on GB now for around $10k in 416 Rigby. That struck me as very reasonable given the caliber.

I'm like you. I don't have one now but one day I plan to.
 
There are multiple Rizzini's on GB now for around $10k in 416 Rigby. That struck me as very reasonable given the caliber.

I'm like you. I don't have one now but one day I plan to.
Warning given I owned one in 470. check weight for caliber…they tend to always be too light for caliber resulting in them kicking the sh!? out of you
 
The English Army & Navy brand were good, unadorned working guns. A boxlock non ejector shouldn't be too cost prohibitive and less fussy than many ejection systems.
You are correct. They never produced guns only had other well know manufacturers make them for their label. For example I bought a Westley Richards built 500 NE under the Army Navy Brand. The cool thing was the serial number of course was under WR. I reached out to them and quickly found the certificate of manufacturer showing it was built by WR
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,317
Messages
1,572,737
Members
169,609
Latest member
JuanitaSid
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top