New USA requirements in addition to the form 4457

Ok not a problem you just let me know when your ready for the info and I will fax everything over to you.

Lord of Mercy.....help us now! This is so totally asinine! Just hope the dust settles on all this BS before I head back next year. Will start contacting the appropriate organizations and Congressmen. I also posted this issue on my Facebook site to give a heads up to others. :Arghh: :Banghead: :Banghead: :Banghead: :Dead: !!

Ok......
Here it is in a nut shell....

SSI will do the AES electronic filing at no cost for our clients. Once filed, we will give you the appropriate paperwork to keep with your 4475. This will be part of our service that will add to making your hunt stress free.

Happy Hunting and Be Safe!!!!!
Robert

You just rock!!!

And it reminds me that I still owe you a call!!! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Royal
I guess this will make you call now..... lol

Ok......
Here it is in a nut shell....

SSI will do the AES electronic filing at no cost for our clients. Once filed, we will give you the appropriate paperwork to keep with your 4475. This will be part of our service that will add to making your hunt stress free.

Happy Hunting and Be Safe!!!!!
Robert

Robert,

That is very gracious of you. It certainly speaks volumes to the kind of business I would want to spend my money with.......

It's ashamed that it has potentially come to this in regards to even needing you to provide this service, however it's early so we shall see. In e-mailing back in forth with the U.S. Sportsman's Alliance contact, it appears they were caught off guard as well, but are jumping on this right away. Hopefully there will be some answers forthcoming sooner rather than later. Until then, we press on.......

Sandman,
Screen Shot 2015-03-19 at 7.07.23 PM.png

Above I have posted a screen shot of the last paragraph....

As fast as this came about, is a fast as it will be enforced.....
We are not putting our clients at risk.....
As of today, we have put a process in place that will ensure that all our clients have the opportunity to have the EEI filing in place whether it is enforced or not....

The Government can do this to law abiding citizen and kiss illegal aliens BUTTS.......

Robert hats off to you and your folks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I still have a little bit of time so will wait to call till after the folks heading out in Apr get through to you.

It will be interesting in just how they implement it as far as checking for the exemption number.

Take my case, I will be flying out of Denver to NY then to Johannesburg. So where are they going to do the check, Denver or NY? Also if they do it in NY will I need to recheck my firearm once they check it?

There are so many problems with this new regulation that it is hard to say just how they are going to do it.

JimP,
They will check it in Denver and that will be it....
Unless you have a day lay-over.....

I just wanted to thank everyone for all of the posts. After looking at the information/website I too was beyond concerned and confused. Special thanks to Robert and SSI for being on top of this so quickly!! Hopefully we will be able to make this nightmare go away.

There are so many problems with this new regulation that it is hard to say just how they are going to do it.

That's certainly the impression I got from my local CBP office. It sounded to me like they were just as blind sided with this as we were.

Thanks Robert, I'll need to give Rosella a call about it in a couple of weeks and talk to her about it. That will give those that are leaving for the April hunts time to get theirs taken care of.

Robert, thanks for helping us out on AH.com. A question:

I am flying in three weeks to Namibia via an overnight in SA. You mentioned that you would help clients out with this requirement to get an exempt number? Not sure I am a client. This will be my second trip and I do not believe that my taxidermist used your services for importation for the last trip. Forgive me if I misunderstand, but can we arrange something to remedy this? I wish I used this site more before my last trip, but naïveté is the way of first Safaris, I guess. There is always the matter of the next trophy importation as well.

This of course contingent on not becoming an illegal supplier of big game rifles to undesirables by sleeping in CityLodge for a night. Unbelievable. At least it sounds like I cant do this in they eyes of our dear government.

This is what I got back via email from the Custom's officer who gave me the letter I started this thread with.

You would want to get an individual Tax Identification Number (TIN) as a DUN doesn’t apply to you. You can apply for the TIN thru www.irs.gov

Concerning presenting the rifles and ammo: 22 cfr 123.17 states that the day you fly you are supposed to present your ITN number, firearms, and ammunition to a CBP officer before checking them in but there have been a few problems with this identified by myself and some of my counterparts because once you check the firearms in with the airline you do not have an expectation to see them again until your final destination.

Action Bob,
What they don't tell you is you have to be approved to get the number.....

Amflyer,
You can call the office and ask for Tara, She will get you set up to be a client.....

So as I read this, an overnight in joBerg with the necessary gun permit puts you in violation of this regulation, yes? Even if you recieve the exemption number, etc.

I would like to know if anyone here knows what the NRA is doing about this?
I, of course, do not understand why an upstanding citizen is in any way subject to the International Trafficing in Arms regulations. Basically Democrats think if you have a gun you are a criminal!
We have to stop Government agencies from writing law!

Regards,
Philip

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AbbyRigby0

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you