New to everything

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your safari.

Im a animal lover by nature,ive got all the respect in the world for the creatures that supply us with both sport and enjoyment.As it is my first hunt i do realise that i may or may not like it.

As for the snakes,ive been herping for as long as i can remember,my love for snakes runs deep.

Update on my upcoming hunting trip

Hi folks.if you remember my last post,i told you guys i was going on my first ever hunting trip.Well the time has come,ive got a week to prepare myself mentaly for the trip.Ive been to the range and that first shot shook me a bit but there after everything went according to plan.My grooping was 2cm at 80m.We shooting with a Musgrave 30-06 180grain.Ive decided to shoot only impala.been my first trip i think its the best.

Good Luck, get some European mounts they look good that way!

Euro mounts are great...

Have fun and let us know how you turn out...a few pictures would be great...

Hi guys,im back from my hunting trip.I managed to get my self a young impala ram,the farm is extremely difficult to hunt on,walk and stalk hunting is the only real way to get anything.We arrived on thursday 04/08/11 at around 10am went to the farm house and shot a few rounds to get our eyes in.Friday morning was time for the first attempt at hunting.We managed to get a zebra at last light,a nice big male with awsome skin,the uncle with us managed to get a nice female kudu the saturday morning with bow from a tree hide.I got my chance at stalking my impala monday on my way back to camp,it was by chance we stub\mbled on a troop of about 5 rams,at the time i was with my uncle who had spotted them at about 150m in realy dens bush,he handed me the rifle(30-06)loaded with 120grains,i managed to stalk on hands and knees to within 50m.I picked up the rifle,looked through the scope and thats when the "bokkoors" hit me like a tone of bricks.I managed to calm my self after about three deeeep breaths,and squezed the trigger,through the scope i watched that first animal of mine fall,THE PERFECT SHOT.Where it stood is where it fell.

Good deal Glad you were able to get something be sure to post some Pics.

Shannon, in your last post you sounded excited and proud of your impala hunt which took some good stalking, good shooting skills (calming yourself before the shot) and knowing what your rifle load was that you took the animal with. You also had to work hard to get as close as you did before taking yourshot. I would be interested in hearing what are your thoughts about hunting are now given that you have taken an animal?

Congratulations on your impala! We would love to see some pictures!

Seems that you had a great time Shannon, thanks for the report and please share some pictures with us!

Hi Shannon. Just as the other gentleman said, take your time and be familiar with the rifle which you will use on the hunt and do put the photographs of the downed animals on your profile.

Shannon, in your last post you sounded excited and proud of your impala hunt which took some good stalking, good shooting skills (calming yourself before the shot) and knowing what your rifle load was that you took the animal with. You also had to work hard to get as close as you did before taking yourshot. I would be interested in hearing what are your thoughts about hunting are now given that you have taken an animal?
Its realy hard for me to explain how i felt and how i feel.The adrenalin rush that i got from stalking and eventualy getting my first buck was amazing.Ill definatly be hunting every year and hopefully get as good and confident as some of the members on this site,and oneday when i grow up id like to hunt somewhere other than south africa.

I cant thank you guys enough for the kindness and advice that was given to me as a first time hunter.

There are some pics on my profile now.pic 019 is me and my first.

Had a look at you picture - good job, proud'a yah laddie!

Well said and well done Shannon and welcome to the wonderful sport of big game hunting.

Congrats Shannon! I'm glad you had a good time!

Congratulations on your first hunt Shannon !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DelbertBat

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross