New to AH

Welcome to AH Mr. Larson. I have been researching safari operators in the East Cape for my next hunt. Tell us a bit about your hunts and hunt area. Animals you specialize in. Which if any other safari operators have hunting rights on your reserve? Do you PH for any safari operations. Things like that. Thanks.

Mike
Hi Mike
Eastern Cape is one of the big hunting areas in South Africa and there are many operators.
We have one operator that has hunting rights on the land and some direct clients, but we only remove 4-8 trophy animals per species off the land every year. The rest of the excess game we remove thru culling. With the minimum take off every year, we make sure that the quality and quantity of animals stay high. I have 300 cape eland on the property and we only remove 4 trophy bulls every year. 20 eland I remove thru selective culling like old bulls, skew horn animals and old females. Having this quality and quantity there are many many operators that are trying to get into this rights to hunt here.

Black Wildebees/Blesbuck Common and white/Burchells Zebra/ Mountain Zebra/Duiker Common/Eland Cape/Gemsbuck/Hartebeest Red/Klipspringer/Kudu Eastern Cape/Mountain Reedbuck/Ostrich/Springbuck Common/Steenbuck/Vaal Rhebuck/Warthog/Waterbuck/Sable and Buffalo Cape.

I do not travel to hunt animals on different properties/land, I am also different from other operators because I don't do it trying to make a living, I do it to manage our game numbers. If there is a direct client that wants to come and hunt here and happy with the species we have on the property, then I will assist him. We also cull about 100 animals a year, we just culled 33 zebra because they were overstocked. With this said, I don't really do any marketing because its not our main income. Who ever finds us and books with us is a bonus. The amount we remove every year does not justify to do any major marketing. I don't work thru a website, I only have a face book page and the average of 6 trophy animals per species and 100 culling animals, people find us. I had an operator here with a client last year and now the client found our details and wants to come directly to us for his next hunt....this must say something.

Our area is based in the eastern cape, great karoo in the mountains. The area is 7500 ha and we have 19 antelope species.
The only dangerous game we do are Cape buffalo of which we only take 2 off a year. All hunts take place thru walk and stalk, even the culling hunts, we do not drive or herd the animals. Here it's about prey versus hunter, not about just to see how many animals a person can hunt a day. At this stage all hunts take place using a rifle because the mountain terrain makes bow hunting to difficult. 2017 I have two sable we are culling that has skew horns at more than half the price than any other outfitter. Some outfitters/operators will call us a "fly by night" because we do not market like they do or hunt the volume they do, but why must I if I only do it as a management tool and not as a business? If I don't get clients for the animals that needs taking off, then we cull and the meat gets exported or used local.

Welcome

Do you take local guys?

Me and my father in law are looking for a Vaalies. Have you got any you want to take off?

Or any other animals you want to take. We are easy.

Cheers,

...Or any other animals you want to take. We are easy.

Cheers,

Sounds like a man with a new Rigby he wants to put to the test.

Hahaha.

Haven't bought it just yet but hoping to have it in time for next year.

Welcome

Do you take local guys?

Me and my father in law are looking for a Vaalies. Have you got any you want to take off?

Or any other animals you want to take. We are easy.

Cheers,
Hi Roan

We do take local guys but only take local bookings at end January giving trophy hunters time to set their dates.

We are every year fully booked with local guys for biltong/culling animals and the same hunters re-book every year, so if you interested we must first see is we can fit you in. We only take limited bookings and don't operate like other properties where they just shoot to make money, for us its about getting numbers down.
Vaalies I only do two a year and only trophy, no other vaalies gets hunted for the year. The predators regulate their number so there minimum take off on vaalies.

I cannot give you our farm name or prices because it will be against AH rules because I don't belong to their marketing group, but we do have a face book page and if you look me up by name, you will find the property.

Take off for 2017 are as follow:

Black wildebeest 4 x trophy/16 culling Klipspringer 2 x trophy
Red hartebeest 6 x trophy/14 culling Gemsbuck 6 x trophy/6 culling
Eland 4 x trophy/36 culling Kudu 6 x trophy/14 x culling
Buchell zebra 10 Vaalies 2 x trophy
Cape mountain zebra 3 Blesbuck 4 x trophy
Warthog is open quota Giraffe 1 x trophy
Sable 2 x trophy/2 x culling Buffalo 2 x trophy/1 x culling
These are the main species, there are other like steenbuck, duiker, bushpig.....

Hi

Trophy Vaalie will be fine.

As well as the 2 Sables and 2 Mountain zebra.

Will send you a Message from Facebook quick.

Cheers,

Hi

Sent you a message on FB messanger.

I started a conversation with you check your inbox.

Will put my number on so we can chat on whatsapp.

Welcome to AH Mr. Larson. I have been researching safari operators in the East Cape for my next hunt. Tell us a bit about your hunts and hunt area. Animals you specialize in. Which if any other safari operators have hunting rights on your reserve? Do you PH for any safari operations. Things like that. Thanks.

Mike
Mike

Not sure if you on face book, but if you are go to "Hunting deals in South Africa" and also check out "South Africa Hunting Database" there are some details on other operators and some good deals. You said that you doing some research and I thought to give you heads up on those sites also.

Ettiene, I don't do FB. I will see if family members who do can link it up for me. Thanks for your efforts. Mike

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Looking to hire Odoo developers in UAE, USA In o2b technologies has skilled and experienced Odoo developers at competitive pricing Consult Now!

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!