New owner of a Big 5 Classic in 470

Backyardsniper

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Picked her up today. First impressions are pretty good. The fit seems to be good. I was very concerned that the 14-7/8 LOP would be too long but it seems to be about right. When mounting the rifle with my eyes closed, when I open them i am pretty much staring right at the big fiber optic bead sitting right on top of the V. I am really looking forward to getting started reloading. I just posted in the reloading section for some ideas. I know RL 15 and IMR 4831 are favorites but I don't have those at the moment.
The cocking lever deal is interesting. I think I can get used to it and build muscle memory for it pretty easily. I can see where guys who talk about having arthritis would not like it. It does take a bit of force to cock it if the rifle is shouldered. Not too much of an issue cocking it while coming up to mount it. Looking forward to putting up some range reports in a few days when I get the remainder of my reloading components in. I have a pretty good variety of stuff to try.

Congratulations

Congratulations
Thanks man. Really looking forward to this project. I have a good supply of various bullets and powder so I'm gonna go to work on her probably Monday.
I never thought I would be able to own one, never thought i would get to go to africa either though.

20220805_222431.jpg
20220805_222601.jpg
Screenshot_20220805-222657.png
20220805_222748.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice and congratulations

Beautiful gun!!! Congratulations!

Congratulations!

You are now making your dream a reality! Good on you! You now will be able to go on your hunt just as you wished.

Wow! A Kreighoff in 470ne is about perfect for your hunt next year. Shoot a whitetail this fall with it to break it in. Big Congratulations buddy.

Wow! A Kreighoff in 470ne is about perfect for your hunt next year. Shoot a whitetail this fall with it to break it in. Big Congratulations buddy.
I just put in for the quota deer hunt here at Land Between the Lakes and I have enough preference point that I should get drawn. I suspect that I may be the only person at the quota hunt this year with a Kreighoff 470:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Beautiful rifle, congratulations!! Thanks for sharing!

Very cool. The Big 5 was the very fist double I ever had my hands on. Was at The Gentleman Hunter in Bethesda Maryland. Neat place.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrittGibb4

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross