New member

Welcome to the posting side! Have fun planning and let us know if you have any questions...
 
Thank you cls! Good to hear! Is there any hunting organization or association here in AB?
Good day @Capebuffalo there are a number of hunting/outdoor organizations in Alberta depending on where your interests lie. Depending on where you live there are a number of SCI chapters in Alberta, Alberta Fish and Game Association (AFGA) has many local chapters and are always looking for members. Alberta Hunter Education Instructors Association (AHEIA) is always looking for volunteers, they run the Alberta Hunter Education program as well as the PAL and R-PAL programs in Alberta. Alberta Bowhunters Association (ABA), Wild Sheep Foundation (Alberta), Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation (Alberta), Alberta Trappers Association (ATA), Alberta Professional Outfitters Society (APOS). The list goes on depending on what you are interested in.
 
Good day @Capebuffalo there are a number of hunting/outdoor organizations in Alberta depending on where your interests lie. Depending on where you live there are a number of SCI chapters in Alberta, Alberta Fish and Game Association (AFGA) has many local chapters and are always looking for members. Alberta Hunter Education Instructors Association (AHEIA) is always looking for volunteers, they run the Alberta Hunter Education program as well as the PAL and R-PAL programs in Alberta. Alberta Bowhunters Association (ABA), Wild Sheep Foundation (Alberta), Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation (Alberta), Alberta Trappers Association (ATA), Alberta Professional Outfitters Society (APOS). The list goes on depending on what you are interested in.
Thank you, cls, I think this will get going...
 
Hello and welcome!
 
Welcome aboard!
 
Thank you, Jorg!
 
Welcome aboard Capebuffalo, by now you've probably figured out that AH is the friendliest site for all hunters, shooters and gun lovers. Do you have any plans for going back home for a hunt? What kind and caliber rifles do you own, do you reload?
 
Welcome! glad you are aboard.
 
Thank you Shootist43! I just got into hunting again last 2 years....lost all my rifles during the emigration process from South Africa to Canada due to storing costs, etc. Anyway, I don't reload myself, I relied on other experienced people to do it for me. I started off with a 7mm-08 Rem, and a Ruger 338Win Mag, which I all enjoy shooting. I also ordered a Ruger 375 and a Ruger 7mm Mag...which I hope to have in the fall. A rifle I enjoyed shooting in the past was a 358 Norma magnum and I am in the process of re-barreling another 338 to a 358 NM. The last couple of times I was there, I just visited family but started to realize how short life is when a few family members there past away, therefore I want to start and catch up with something that was always dear to my heart...hunting. Luckily, I receive 2 invites from 2 old friends in SA to come and visit and do some hunting, so I might go in the Fall or next year in Jun/Jul.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,291
Messages
1,571,849
Members
169,440
Latest member
HarryUnzu
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top