new member

gillettehunter

AH ambassador
Joined
Sep 10, 2009
Messages
5,339
Reaction score
10,737
Location
WYOMING
Media
140
Articles
1
Hunting reports
Africa
11
USA/Canada
9
Asia/M.East
2
Australia/NZ
1
Hunted
Republic of CongoNamibia, Kyrgyzstan(2) South Africa(4) New Zealand Zambia(2)
I joined a month or so ago, but have been "lurking" so to speak. I live in western Wyoming and have done so for 23 years. I enjoy deer, elk and antelope hunting and have had the opportunity to do fairly well over the years. In 07 went to Namibia and had a good time. Took a Kudu, Gemsbuck, Red Hartebeast, Impala and a Waterbuck. Some good trophies and some that are that are great reminders of Africa. I'm planning to return in 2011. It looks like we'll be going to RSA. Probably going to have a group of 6 or so of us. My 2nd son will be going and perhaps my grandson [as an observer]. Really looking forward to going again. Africa just gets in your blood. Interested in seeing new areas and some new animals. I enjoy the comments on the forum and hope to participate some in the future.
 
welcome

Hello,

I glad you joined , its a great site ! You have an idea of where in SA you would like to hunt in ?
 
Welcome to AH gillettehunter! Glad you've decided to jump into the conversation. There is so much to experience, see and hunt in Africa, I am glad to hear that you'll be going somewhere different and sharing it with several generations. Sometime it's even better sharing an experience than just having it for yourself.
 
We are open as to where to go. I am wanting a good Lechwe, Nyala, and Bushbuck. As well as a couple of less expensive animals. The others are going to likely want Kudu, Gemsbuck, Impala and a couple of others to mix in. I'm open to suggestions. My taxidermist has good African experience and is booked for next year. If he does well then we may book there. I wanted to back in 2010, but finances for the others is holding us back another year. Bruce
 
Hi Bruce,

Welcome to AH. You will benefit a lot from this site. We've got exceptional Nyala Bulls in our area and the same with Kudu, Impala, Bushbuck ect.

Feel free to have a look at our website for lots of pictures on these animals.

Happy hunting days!
 
Welcome to the site...or glad you are posting...HA.
 
Hi Bruce, I agree with you...I would be looking for a great nyala, bushbuck, and red lechwe hunt too.

There seem to be a good number of red lechwe in the East Cape Area of South Africa. But they can be found in the Limpopo and Northern Province too. Good Luck, I'm happy I got a nice mature one in May 2009.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,308
Messages
1,572,392
Members
169,554
Latest member
NaomiPohlm
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top