New knife

Dawg2019

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
My father and I have always been big fans of Canadian Belt knives when it comes to skinning game. We have had a couple over the years dating back to one purchased by my grand father. Well, my dads birthday is coming up and I found a local custom knife maker to make one for him. I was able to have input on the blade shape, handle material, tang spacer color even the handle pin material. I am very pleased with the way the knife turned out and will likely be getting one for myself here shortly.
IMG_4641.jpeg
IMG_4635.jpeg
IMG_6614.jpeg
IMG_6615.jpeg
IMG_6616.jpeg

My father and I have always been big fans of Canadian Belt knives when it comes to skinning game. We have had a couple over the years dating back to one purchased by my grand father. Well, my dads birthday is coming up and I found a local custom knife maker to make one for him. I was able to have input on the blade shape, handle material, tang spacer color even the handle pin material. I am very pleased with the way the knife turned out and will likely be getting one for myself here shortly. View attachment 540822View attachment 540823View attachment 540824View attachment 540825View attachment 540826

Nice looking knife. What is the handle material?

Great knife , congrats !

My first “good” knife was a Canadian Belt Knife. I was 18 and bought it at the factory in Pictou, Nova Scotia. Think i paid $16. Fortunately, I still have it.

Good on you for having such a beautiful version of it made for your father.

Good looking knife! Appears to be very good quality!

My father and I have always been big fans of Canadian Belt knives when it comes to skinning game. We have had a couple over the years dating back to one purchased by my grand father. Well, my dads birthday is coming up and I found a local custom knife maker to make one for him. I was able to have input on the blade shape, handle material, tang spacer color even the handle pin material. I am very pleased with the way the knife turned out and will likely be getting one for myself here shortly. View attachment 540822View attachment 540823View attachment 540824View attachment 540825View attachment 540826
@Dawg2019
Very nice but a slightly different blade shape to the belt knife.
Why not contact Grohman in Nova Scotia and get them to do a custom belt knife. You can pick the scales, pins and everything else. You can have your choice of carbon steel or stainless along with flat grind or the other grind. Some of the scale material is real fancy.
I got mine with a carbon blade flat grind. Wickedly sharp and easy to touch up.
Bob
20210609_122605.jpg

Top my grohman with flat grind carbon blade
Bottom cold steel knock off
Chalk and cheese. The cold steel isn't a bad BUDGET knife but can't hold a candle to the real grohmam.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AiWinClubApp

Latest profile posts

new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH