WildWill

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
South Africa
Hello everyone! Like the title says I'm a new guy from Oklahoma I'm 34 married to a great woman and have two beautiful kids. I hunt regularly here at home for whitetail, turkey, ducks, small game, etc and across the western US for elk, mule deer, pronghorn, coues deer, etc. I had never put much thought into hunting Africa besides the idol day dream. That all changed one night at my local RMEF banquet when they were auctioning off a trip to SA. The bids were slow so I helped out a bit. Well I just returned from my first trip and already booked my next. I read a lot of very useful information on this site leading up to my trip but never joined as I felt it would be a one time deal. How wrong I was I will be back and sooner rather than later. So I figured I'd join in the conversation and introduce myself. By the way I hunted with Ronald Bernard of Ubathi Global safaris and was very happy I plan on doing a write up in the hunt reports section when I have some time.
20240510_082759.jpg
20240509_174900.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome and congrats on your first hunt in Africa

:S Welcome:

Welcome to AH WildWill! Nice to have you join us.

What a beautiful nyala. Well done and welcome.
What part of Oklahoma are you from?

Welcome!!!! Okies are welcome here!!!!

What a beautiful nyala. Well done and welcome.
What part of Oklahoma are you from?
Thank you sir! Orginally from the piney woods of SE Oklahoma in the small town of Rattan. Work and life have brought me to the OKC metro for the foreseeable future the small suburb of Choctaw specifically. Still do a lot of my hunting on family land in Pushmataha County.

Thank you sir! Orginally from the piney woods of SE Oklahoma in the small town of Rattan. Work and life have brought me to the OKC metro for the foreseeable future the small suburb of Choctaw specifically. Still do a lot of my hunting on family land in Pushmataha County.
Don't miss out on Old Germany restaurant there. Absolute stellar food. Owner is a cool cat as well.

Welcome to AH!!

Don't miss out on Old Germany restaurant there. Absolute stellar food. Owner is a cool cat as well.
We moved here 2015 and ate there several times along with going to choctaws oktoberfest. Hate it when they shutdown wife and I enjoyed it.

Welcome! Certainly glad to have you here with us!

Good day! Welcome to AH from our side too!

Welcome! I'm a bit northwest of you but if you ever want to visit about hunting etc drop me a p.m.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Enrique44Y

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

We bagged a big old buff with hunter from Norway check out our post!!

I live in Tyler Texas. I like Ruger single action revolvers Ruger rifles, and Marlin and Winchester lever guns.
SETH RINGER wrote on tracker12's profile.
PARTITIONS
SEND ME PAYMENT INFO, PLEASE AND THANKS.
Khalanyoni Game Ranch wrote on Joshlee0518's profile.
Hi Joshlee0518 (please let me know if you are fine being addressed like that),

Thought I would drop you a PM. It is super exciting to plan a hunt and we are more than happy to assist you. Have you given any thought yet to which species you would like to take?

What do you hunt usually and which weapons/calibers are you using?

Look forward to swapping experiences and ideas.

Happy hunting - Daniel
Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,