New Guy from Arizona

TucsonFX4

Reaction score
Howdy everyone. I’ve been lurking a reading for a couple months, and figured I ought to at least join and be a part of the community. Tons of great knowledge here, such an amazing resource.

Im hoping to be able to go on my first hunting safari next summer or the year after. I’m sure if I were to start the process now, I would have plenty of time to be ready for next year. The problem is, I learn so much every time I get on the website that I don’t want to settle on a hunt and be all booked up only to find something new that I would prefer. On the other hand, I have some concerns about possible changes in regulations when it comes to trophy hunting, whether it be in Africa or the US. I don’t think I need to sweat any of these options or feel pressured one way or the other, it’s just what has been factoring in to my thinking.
I’m looking forward to continuing to learn and research on this site.

B

Jfet

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
Outdoor Tomorrow Foundation,NRA, Life Member DSC
Hunted
Texas, Oklahoma, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Namibia, South Africa, and Now Spain

cpr0312

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
US (All over), New Zealand, South Africa(Northern Cape, Eastern Cape, Northwest), Zimbabwe, Zambia, Tanzania
Welcome aboard!

Firebird

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
South Africa
Thanks for entering the group-time to jump in with both feet and get that first safari booked!

CAustin

Bronze supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Courtney Hunting Club, NRA Life Member, SCI Kansas City Chapter
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, KwaZulu Natal, Kalahari, Northwest, Limpopo, Gauteng, APNR Kruger Area. USA Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas, New Mexico, North Carolina and Texas
Howdy everyone. I’ve been lurking a reading for a couple months, and figured I ought to at least join and be a part of the community. Tons of great knowledge here, such an amazing resource.

Im hoping to be able to go on my first hunting safari next summer or the year after. I’m sure if I were to start the process now, I would have plenty of time to be ready for next year. The problem is, I learn so much every time I get on the website that I don’t want to settle on a hunt and be all booked up only to find something new that I would prefer. On the other hand, I have some concerns about possible changes in regulations when it comes to trophy hunting, whether it be in Africa or the US. I don’t think I need to sweat any of these options or feel pressured one way or the other, it’s just what has been factoring in to my thinking.
I’m looking forward to continuing to learn and research on this site.

B
Welcome to AH.

Von Gruff

Gold supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.vongruffknives.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Australia/NZ
Hunted
New Zealand, Austaralia

Ryan

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Black Sheep Bowmen Archery Club.
Hunted
Namibia and South Africa
Welcome from another former Tucsonan.

PHOENIX PHIL

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI
Hunted
USA, S. Africa
Welcome from just up the I-10!

Shootist43

Gold supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA
Hunted
Michigan, Texas, Missouri, Limpopo Province South Africa
Welcome aboard TucsonFX4. IMHO you are the type of hunter AH can help the most. The biggest thing to remember is that you will more than likely be making a return trip. So, with more than "one bite" at the apple your first hunt doesn't have to fulfill all of your dreams and or expectations. It just needs to whet your appetite. Many first-time hunters take over a year to plan and finalize a hunt. Use the "Search" function to find previous reports on items that interest you.

Please tell us a little more about yourself as a hunter. Things like what have you hunted in the past, what type and caliber rifles you own, do you reload.

Nyati

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Member of
RFEC, RFETO
Hunted
Spain, Finland, RSA ( KwaZulu Natal, Limpopo, North West, Northern Cape, Free State ).

Ridgewalker

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
South Africa: Limpopo, Northwest; USA: Ak, Mt, Wy, Co, Ne, Ks, Nv, NM, Tx
TucsonFX4, welcome to the AH forum! Just as Shootist43 said it’s not likely you will make only one adventure to Africa. After your first trip you will know much more about what your wants and desires are.
Enjoy planning your first Africa adventure!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chrisdapra

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Tom Leoni wrote on Nyati67's profile.
Nyatyi, what's the tube dia. on your S&B?
Brian wrote on CM McKenzie's profile.
CM,
That is nice work! I would like that cartridge slide for 50-110 Win. I would also use it for 500 S&W. Six cartridge loops would be perfect for me.

I will send you payment immediately.

Thank you,
Akunasek wrote on Jager Waffen74's profile.
do you still have the Ithaca 10 ga semi auto?
kdenn wrote on TROPHY SHIPPERS's profile.
Afternoon, going to South Africa August 22 hunting with wife. will need your help with trophies. what information and how soon do you need it? went to the website and completed the form but seems i have negative energy or something with electronic communication often.
thanks for your help
ken dennison
Docpk wrote on Jager Waffen74's profile.
I would but the Swarovski scope