New Find No. 14 Brevex - an Orig Post War John Rigby Big Game Rifle in 416 Rigby Caliber

I think there is more of them. Mine is#6135 and of course in Rigbys fameous book sold dec. 1963. I have never bothered to get certificate of authentisity.
Anyways, here it is; True Rigby with all bells&wistles and of course, built on a Brevex magnum action. I’ve seen 3 more I think.
Calibre is of course 416 Rigby.

IMG_1487.jpeg
IMG_1488.jpeg
IMG_1486.jpeg
IMG_1173.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to a seller on Gun Broker I was able to purchase a Vintage box of John Rigby 416 Rigby ammo. It fits perfect in the case and adds to the originality of the display.

BIGGAME-a.jpg
BIGGAME-b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My father also has a 416 built on the brevet action here in Australia, was bought cased and unfired with original sealed bullet tins and all accessories. Will post some pictures I believe it’s a early 1960’s build

No we are up in the Northern Territory mate
Of course . Our mutual friend MG has spoken to me often about you and your father . Looking forward to coming up and hunting with you at some stage .

I buckstix,

Congratulations!!! Great rifle! About the weight with scope, I see THAT scope "colaborates", too much, for this. It is a steel tubed one, a lot heavier than needed and not the best serie of the Swarovski scopes. This will be the first to change to me. Perhaps for one Kahles Helia C 1,25-4x. A VERY GOOD scope, very light and strong, with one of the greatest field of view in all magnifications. If not, a Leupold 1,5-5x or if you find one, a 1,75-6x.
Good luck!

CF

Hello,
The heavy scope helps to reduce recoil and adds nicely to the rifle's balance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alex964

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?