New double rifle maker in the USA

Not insinuating these threads should be deleted, but to note the age of the thread.

I'd be disappointed to see older threads locked up. We'd be missing out on a trove of older good and relevant information.
It usually never bothers me when old threads are resurrected, except the For Sale ads.

@Areaonereal
Since joining AH forum I've read lots of old threads and gleaned a lot of good info that would be gone if deleted as an old thread. It is hard not to respond and if someone else does then it is easy to chip in anyway. We also get updated info because things have changed since the original thread started. Good examples are the 458 Winchester cartridge and Sabatti DR with ground muzzles. some of this will live in infamy though the 458 has been fixed with new powders and charges, not to mention new designed bullets. A number of members have mentioned their Sabatti DR's being quite satisfactory in accuracy and function. Some have bought guns that were reworked by Ken Owen, that kindly reworked mine for me.
Perhaps the forum manager(s) might consider moving threads past a certain age into a category labeled as such that indicate they are closed.
Just my 2 cents worth.

I don't mind at all when some of these threads are revived, especially when it comes to double rifles!!

The only ones that I kind of roll my eyes at is in the classified when a new member asks if a gun is still for sale, that was sold years ago. Usually says so in the thread as well.

Any time a thread in double rifles shows new posts I happily click on it! I don't think we are alone lol.

It is my understanding that TRs 06 was an orginal 03 and not a 30 06

It is my understanding that TRs 06 was an orginal 03 and not a 30 06
I think that question came up about whether Teddy's 03's had been converted before he got them. I was personally thinking they were 06 revision but might not be remembering correctly.
The 03 220 grain RN ammo might have been better then the 06 for Africa.

The one thing I do remember reading about Teddy and Kermits adventures, is that there was a lot of bad shooting and wounded animals. Probably due in part to the poor powder and bullets available back then. And I'm not suggesting they were bad hunters, just that things don't always go perfect.

“No, I’m not a good shot, but I shoot often.”​

— Theodore Roosevelt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arecruitment880

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!