NEGOTIATIONS?

Frank Bowker had this "deal" on his sheepfarm; If I shot a jackal he would owe me 500 $, if I shot and missed , I would owe him 500$.... lol

I wish I had this offer! That would be sweet! Like Jaco said. Call them in the first few days and the rest if the hunt is free!!

I did this on an absolute impulse in Namibia, and I mean this in the purest sense with absolutely no fore thought.

I had not intended to hunt Warthogs at all, but trophy hogs just kept coming by every day. At first they were just simple photo opportunities and it was great to watch the wildlife.
Then I must have started paying some attention with a hunters eye. It dawned on me that these were not small everyday Warthogs, there were Rowland Warthogs going by.

I had stared at trophy Warthogs for FOUR days. Not just one hog many times, repeated trophy Warthogs at various points and took pictures of most of them.
Some within easy bow range, some within knife range, all within rile range.

Here are a few

The start of the parade
watermark.php

So,close...
watermark.php

I call this one "the Straw". The next big Warthog met his demise because of him.
watermark.php

Finally, one afternoon I was looking off to the left and appearing form the bush The sun beaming off those white tusks, tilted slightly backward ensuring that glint caught my eye. (Warthogs are malevolent that way) All that came out of my mouth was "holy s***"!

I watched this hog approach, closer and closer and he finally walked by and I continued to stare.
At this point I just blurted out a number, quite loudly actually. The PH was slightly taken aback, by the volume alone, because the last thing I said out loud was the aforementioned whispered outburst.

Without much delay the PH simply responded with another number in counter offer.
I paused momentarily and sealed the deal with one shot.

I had expected a rejection, but in after thought, I had taken the second most expensive animal on the property and that was not in the hunting plan either. So, the reduction in the price was enough to push me over the edge and take the shot after watching a parade of Rowlands.

A word of warning: If you have poor impulse control, attend your physicians office before the trip and get some medication.

I have very poor impulse control especially when I see something "HUGE". I'm going warthog hunting with you next time! I have seen huge ones like the ones you have posted, but never got close enough. There was always too much brush and all they had to do is move a little and they were gone! Brickburn, you luck devil.

Last edited by a moderator:
Never take that offer up if you have a flinch! Four jackals and you get a Bontebok as a prize. Like that.

Ya a landowner offered the same deal on local dogs that were wreaking havoc but the deal is not nearly as sweet when you factor in that $ means rand in this case.
Thats 31 jackals per Bontebok.

Ya a landowner offered the same deal on local dogs that were wreaking havoc but the deal is not nearly as sweet when you factor in that $ means rand in this case.
Thats 31 jackals per Bontebok.

I think Franks offer was more of a joke, but there is some degree of real concern in this, since jackals do make a different, when the tight economy in the sheep farming are considered.

I had an outfitter that said all Jackal I "kill" are free... but if I shoot and miss him... I owe him $50 as all I did was educate the Jackal and he will never be shot now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mchahine

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,