Media
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
MO, CO, SD
Lads -

Had a change of employment status last week. This frees me up to pursue gunsmithing.

I have a slot in CSM (Ret) Massingill's Introduction to Gunsmithing class in July at Trinidad State in CO. I intend to stay after this class for Basic Machine Shop as the first class on the road to securing the NRA Gunsmithing certificate. That merit badge will require 7 more classes, plus tools and project material. Then will need to find a suitable mill and lathe.

If any of you have contacts in the KC area in machine shops for employment before I go to the classes (and likely afterwards as well) please give me a shout.

If any of you have any leads on good paying work as an interim measure before and after the classes, please let me know.

BTW - when AZDave found out what I was doing he offered to send me a project from his shop just to help get me started. Very awesome guy there!

Thanks for all of your great help!

Ridgewalker

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
South Africa: Limpopo, Northwest; USA: Ak, Mt, Wy, Co, Ne, Ks, Nv, NM, Tx
Best of luck in your new pursuit!

CoElkHunter

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Lads -

Had a change of employment status last week. This frees me up to pursue gunsmithing.

I have a slot in CSM (Ret) Massingill's Introduction to Gunsmithing class in July at Trinidad State in CO. I intend to stay after this class for Basic Machine Shop as the first class on the road to securing the NRA Gunsmithing certificate. That merit badge will require 7 more classes, plus tools and project material. Then will need to find a suitable mill and lathe.

If any of you have contacts in the KC area in machine shops for employment before I go to the classes (and likely afterwards as well) please give me a shout.

If any of you have any leads on good paying work as an interim measure before and after the classes, please let me know.

BTW - when AZDave found out what I was doing he offered to send me a project from his shop just to help get me started. Very awesome guy there!

BTW, P.O. Ackley taught gunsmithing at Trinidad State College in the 1940s-1950s. Just some trivia?
Lads -

BTW, P.O. Ackley started gunsmithing in Trinidad in 1945 and taught gunsmithing at Trinidad State College from 1946-1951. Just a little trivia?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CollinBarr

Latest profile posts

Tokoloshe Safaris wrote on Milan's profile.
I do not know where this video was posted, but I would very much like to see it.
Al Burke wrote on Milan's profile.
Hello Milan, I just watched your video on disassembling/reassembling the CZ 550. I have spent days looking for something like this. I now have no reservations taking apart my rifle. I like to do this with all my guns so I understand them "inside and out". Thank you very much for the information. It is greatly appreciated.
Al
Fred Gunner wrote on Viral_SIGness's profile.
60 375 Ruger Brass
$75+$8.30 Priority Mail Shipping
Postal Money Order Or Certified Tellers Check.

for final confirmation
Fred Gunner wrote on Viral_SIGness's profile.
60 375 Ruger Brass
$75+$8.30 Priority Mail Shipping
Postal Money Order Or Certified Tellers Check.

for final confirmation
raamw wrote on krish's profile.
send me your email.