Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
CPT, Cavalry US Army, Retired
Hunted
South Africa, MO, CO, SD
Lads -

Had a change of employment status last week. This frees me up to pursue gunsmithing.

I have a slot in CSM (Ret) Massingill's Introduction to Gunsmithing class in July at Trinidad State in CO. I intend to stay after this class for Basic Machine Shop as the first class on the road to securing the NRA Gunsmithing certificate. That merit badge will require 7 more classes, plus tools and project material. Then will need to find a suitable mill and lathe.

If any of you have contacts in the KC area in machine shops for employment before I go to the classes (and likely afterwards as well) please give me a shout.

If any of you have any leads on good paying work as an interim measure before and after the classes, please let me know.

BTW - when AZDave found out what I was doing he offered to send me a project from his shop just to help get me started. Very awesome guy there!

Thanks for all of your great help!

Best of luck in your new pursuit!

Lads -

Had a change of employment status last week. This frees me up to pursue gunsmithing.

I have a slot in CSM (Ret) Massingill's Introduction to Gunsmithing class in July at Trinidad State in CO. I intend to stay after this class for Basic Machine Shop as the first class on the road to securing the NRA Gunsmithing certificate. That merit badge will require 7 more classes, plus tools and project material. Then will need to find a suitable mill and lathe.

If any of you have contacts in the KC area in machine shops for employment before I go to the classes (and likely afterwards as well) please give me a shout.

If any of you have any leads on good paying work as an interim measure before and after the classes, please let me know.

BTW - when AZDave found out what I was doing he offered to send me a project from his shop just to help get me started. Very awesome guy there!

BTW, P.O. Ackley taught gunsmithing at Trinidad State College in the 1940s-1950s. Just some trivia?
Lads -

BTW, P.O. Ackley started gunsmithing in Trinidad in 1945 and taught gunsmithing at Trinidad State College from 1946-1951. Just a little trivia?

speedy Gonzales has taught there too.
bruce.
Wow! Like many things here on AH, I didn’t know that! “Speedy” IS a “velociraptor “ legend! What a great asset to that college gunsmithing school!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg