Need a small temporary reloading bench

Attachments

Here is your solution if you decide to go with the table with drawers. These mounts are solid, and you can buy different plates and exchange presses if you have more than one. Oh, and these mounts come in different sizes/heights.


View attachment 644738
That's what I have mounted on my bench at home! I use the low plate on the portable bench. Two wing nuts to move the press from one to the other and it is completely sturdy.
 
I like the idea of the Black & Decker Workmate. I picked up a used one this past year for $25 off of Craigslist.
 
I recommend the Black & Decker Workmate, as it will be useful in the future, when you have your permanent bench.
 
Well after looking into many different options finally settled with a Jegs work bench. All the storage space, pegged board and top cabinets was the big advantage. Should be interested reloading standing up after 22 years of reloading while sitting. Thanks for everyone's suggestions.




IMG_3754.jpg
 
Love it! You should have plenty of storage room. (y)
 
Well after looking into many different options finally settled with a Jegs work bench. All the storage space, pegged board and top cabinets was the big advantage. Should be interested reloading standing up after 22 years of reloading while sitting. Thanks for everyone's suggestions.




View attachment 647827
I like that, wouldn’t be too hard to use a stool at it and the lighting is an added bonus
Gumpy
 
That's what I have mounted on my bench at home! I use the low plate on the portable bench. Two wing nuts to move the press from one to the other and it is completely sturdy.
How is this attached to the bench. I’ve looked at them online but can never tell.
 
How is this attached to the bench. I’ve looked at them online but can never tell.
I was in a hurry and just screwed it down with tapered head wood screws. Proper way to do it would be to drill and bolt it.

The center section of that portable reloading bench/table is a thick composite wood. The wings or sides are thinner metal. I used the spacer plate option for that QR press mounting.
It all works good!

20241119_200040.jpg
 
I was in a hurry and just screwed it down with tapered head wood screws. Proper way to do it would be to drill and bolt it.

The center section of that portable reloading bench/table is a thick composite wood. The wings or sides are thinner metal. I used the spacer plate option for that QR press mounting.
It all works good!

View attachment 648460
Thanks. I have a very thick piece of wood that used to be a mantle that I’m thinking of making into a bench and it’s way too thick to drill through and attach bolts. I was wondering if screws would provide enough purchase or if they would pull out.
 
I needed a VERY temporary means to reload while my wife and I were between houses, so I mounted a press to a wooden box and then added some "legs" of scrap lumber to keep it from tipping. The top board of the box flexed, so I threw a couple of pieces of scrap in there to hold it. I worked well, but it's no fun to reload on your knees!

20241119_222855.jpg
 
Go to Re Store and look for used bathroom vanity or kitchen cupboard. They usually have lots to pick from. Top can be removed and replaced with 3/4" plywood as needed. Then screw it to the wall so it doesn't move. I do not want my press flipping around while I'm loading. Lightweight stands or stuff on wheels is not for me. Loading requires pressure (hence the "press"). Vanity/cupboard will also have drawers and doors for storage space.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,308
Messages
1,572,402
Members
169,559
Latest member
ModestoShe
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top