NAMIBIA: Off To Namibia

Congrats on the hunt!

So, what's next on the Africa bucket list for you Charlie??

Congrats on the hunt!

So, what's next on the Africa bucket list for you Charlie??
Cape Buffalo with a double in the Omay.

Excellent report. Awesome Cat and a job well done.
Thank you sir. I can never give enough credit to my PH/Outfitter Pieter Delport. The guy knew what he was doing and was so connected with all his neighbors that we got an excellent last minute opportunity!

Congratulations and Thanks once again for sharing your great adventure and your success with us, those photo canvasses that you had done look great.

Congratulations and Thanks once again for sharing your great adventure and your success with us, those photo canvasses that you had done look great.
+1! Great hunting adventure, write up and photos!

Cape Buffalo with a double in the Omay.
That will be a great hunt Charlie. But now that you have your leopard, I thought you'd be going after a rhino next so that you can complete your big 5!

That will be a great hunt Charlie. But now that you have your leopard, I thought you'd be going after a rhino next so that you can complete your big 5!
Not convinced that I want to kill one Bob but I might dart one someday.

I had seen the product in places like SAMs and COSTCO but never realized that Walgreens drugs had them. My wife had just received a coupon via email for 60% off the things so it was a very cost effect way to try this out.

I had seen the product in places like SAMs and COSTCO but never realized that Walgreens drugs had them. My wife had just received a coupon via email for 60% off the things so it was a very cost effect way to try this out.
Thanks for the heads up! Might have to try a couple;)

I finally got a chance to catch up on your story. What a magnificent beast of a cat Charlie!!! Congratulations!! I very much enjoyed the entirety of your report. Thanks so much for taking us along.

View attachment 405682Well folks I am finally off for Namibia. Hunt was cancelled last year as was everything and previously messed up and cancelled in 2016 Zimbabwe. Wish me luck And I will share the adventure as I go!

Good luck CAustin. I've been fortunate enough to have hunted Namibia with Jamy Traut 3 times. If you can hunt the Waterberg Plateau & the Kalahari, do it! Harvested two fantastic Buf, a giant of a black Giraffe, Croc, Hippo, Eland, Roan, & many outstanding plains game. Hopefully an Elephant in the very near future. I shoot a VC .450-.400 & a Blaser .375 H&H for the big stuff & (generally) a Blaser .257 Wby & Blaser .300 Win for the rest. Just starting to plan another Namibia/Zambia hunt next August ('22). Here's hoping you have a successful & great time. TDB333 Also, if you're going to Africa try Quatar Air. Fantastic Airline & well worth the business class fair...........

Good luck CAustin. I've been fortunate enough to have hunted Namibia with Jamy Traut 3 times. If you can hunt the Waterberg Plateau & the Kalahari, do it! Harvested two fantastic Buf, a giant of a black Giraffe, Croc, Hippo, Eland, Roan, & many outstanding plains game. Hopefully an Elephant in the very near future. I shoot a VC .450-.400 & a Blaser .375 H&H for the big stuff & (generally) a Blaser .257 Wby & Blaser .300 Win for the rest. Just starting to plan another Namibia/Zambia hunt next August ('22). Here's hoping you have a successful & great time. TDB333 Also, if you're going to Africa try Quatar Air. Fantastic Airline & well worth the business class fair...........
Got what I went after!

I finally got a chance to catch up on your story. What a magnificent beast of a cat Charlie!!! Congratulations!! I very much enjoyed the entirety of your report. Thanks so much for taking us along.
My pleasure sir.

4A54A903-7C0A-4890-B56C-895AA8E01E4B.jpeg
57FD9ECE-C00C-45A0-BE0C-4ECBB3E3CD83.jpeg

Couldn’t get over how big the paws were on this big cat! Pieter Delport holding up the cat! His smile is as big as mine!

Hell of a cat!

Congrats !!! Awesome cat!!

Great write up ! thanks for taking us along for a last minute success story!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goldpattern007

Latest profile posts

Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg
Unforgettable memories of my first hunting safari with Arub Safaris in Namibia (Khomas Hochland) !!!

Namibia.jpg
Oryx.jpg
Kudu.jpg
ghay wrote on Joel Rouvaldt's profile.
Love your rifle! I'm needing a heavier rifle for Africa. Sold my .375 Dakota Safari several trips ago. Would you have any interest in a trade of some sort involving the custom 338/06 I have listed here on the site ( I have some room on my asking price. I also have a large quantity of the reloading components and new Redding dies as well as a box of A-Square Dead Tough ammo.