NAMIBIA: Namibia With Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris May 2019

Thank you very much for the report! we hope to welcome you back in Namibia soon!

Best regards from Namibia

The whole Khomas Highland Hunting Team

Philip,

The pleasure was all mine. I will return one day. You have a first class operation and any hunter should give your outfit a hard look before making a decision on where to hunt. I can assure them they will not be disappointed.

Best wishes to all the crew.

Chris

Chris35W
You got some great trophies an memories mate. We had a great time as well in Namibia (different outfit).
I applaud your choice of the 35 Whelen as that is what I used.
You might want to check out the 35 Whelen project post on new stories.
Once again congrats on a great hunt I have only heard good things about Kowas.
Cheers mate
Bob Nelson

Thanks, the memories will last a lifetime. I hope to add more African ones to them. Glad to see the Whelen has a following down under. It truly is a great cartridge, kills like the hammer of Thor.

I will give the project thread a read.

Hi Chris, good to read that you forgot about the tape measure and just enjoyed your hunting :D Cheers:

Nonetheless, very good trophies !
Nyati
We to didn't care about the tape measure until the last day of the hunt. He'll we didn't care as long as it was a good representative of the animal. Once mounted on the wall it's the memories that are important. After all it your trophy you worked for it and it makes you happy, that's what matters.
Cheers mate Bob

Great report.

Me and two friends are set to be there with khomas in March and can’t wait. Glad to hear you had a great time. We will work to find that kudu that eluded you:)
There are certainly some real nice kudu there you should do just fine.

My wife and I also had a great hunt with Phillip in September 2019...We did a conservation hunt with Adab and Eric as guides ..My God they have good eyes and fun to be with...Everyone was great and you can't beat the food...Besides the normal plains game we each took a giraffe...Boy are they big...We shot Swift A-Frames in/06 and .300 Win..Velo dog helped us also...

Thanks for the report. I will be going on my first Safari with Khomas Highland in August of this year.

And Velodog as been a huge help to me.

HeyAck,

How was the giraffe to hunt?

I’ve always thought they would be an amazing animal to go after.

HeyAck,

How was the giraffe to hunt?

I’ve always thought they would be an amazing animal to go after.
Never really though about hunting them before but they needed to remove 100 or so from the area (these were wild,not fenced)where they had water but depleting the available forage..When I saw them it became quite exciting and challenging to knock over a 2 story building..These things are huge when in the bush ! Roughly 18' tall and about 2500#s ..Lot of meat for the locals...Said there were app. 300 in the area..They can be dangerous too...Wife dropped hers with 1 shot ..Mine was about 200yds and I hit it to left of center and took a couple more while it was getting the hell outta there..Phillip got the whole thing in a Toyota bed somehow....Two trips to take 'em both..Doesn't matter where you are,they can see you,lol.

Chris, glad you went and I'm pleased for you that you had an outstanding hunt. Congratulations on your trophies and I'm happy I could be of assistance.

Chris, glad you went and I'm pleased for you that you had an outstanding hunt. Congratulations on your trophies and I'm happy I could be of assistance.
I did have a great time, it was amazing. Your input helped seal the deal with Khomas Highlands, thank again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlessdiuse

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg