NAMIBIA: Has Anyone Hunted With Estreux Safaris?

pacific

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Zambia, South Africa, Botswana
hi all,

I was looking at outfitters in Namibia and the company mentioned above seems to have the rights to free range hunting in the north west of Namibia. From my research they seem to have a clean slate and Anton and his wife seem very passionate and ethical about hunting.

Their kaokoland concession looks amazing from the pictures and very different to what I am used to hunting here in Zambia.

Does anyone have any first hand info about Estreux Safaris and their kaokoland concession. I was looking at hunting a leopard there. Thanks in advance guys.

Dear @pacific

I haven't hunted in Anton's Kaokoland Concession, BUT what I can surely tell you with all honesty... You WON'T make a mistake hunting with him. He is a true and honest person. He is very ethical. He knows that area like the palm of his hand, and he has a great relationship with the locals there as well as our government (since he previously worked for the government as a game warden in that area if I am not mistaken).

I have known Anton for a long time and he truly stands out as one of the Professional Hunters in Namibia that I look up to (physically and metaphorically ;)).

It will be interesting what other hunters might comment on your post that has hunted with him... But the above mentioned is my true opinion.

Happy Hunting and stay safe! (y)

My best,
Jacques

Hi Jacques,

I thank you for your reply. As you said, I would love to hear from other hunters who may have hunted with him. The man himself seems like a class act from the little I have read about him as well as his own writings.

Would love to hear more about the area and the cat populations etc in there, especially as it seems like a communal area.

Thanks

Dear @pacific

I haven't hunted in Anton's Kaokoland Concession, BUT what I can surely tell you with all honesty... You WON'T make a mistake hunting with him. He is a true and honest person. He is very ethical. He knows that area like the palm of his hand, and he has a great relationship with the locals there as well as our government (since he previously worked for the government as a game warden in that area if I am not mistaken).

I have known Anton for a long time and he truly stands out as one of the Professional Hunters in Namibia that I look up to (physically and metaphorically ;)).

It will be interesting what other hunters might comment on your post that has hunted with him... But the above mentioned is my true opinion.

Happy Hunting and stay safe! (y)

My best,
Jacques

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SavannahDo

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg