Namibia Giraffe tan or dip and pack?

Moe324

AH fanatic
Joined
Jul 31, 2024
Messages
504
Reaction score
1,889
Media
62
Hunting reports
Africa
6
Has anyone had a giraffe tanned there and then shipped over to the USA to mount? I think I read somewhere guys doing this over doing standard dip and pack because it cuts down weight on shipping and cuts the cost of tannery in the USA? Any feedback on that?
 
Tanned there is my understanding as well, particularly because th tanneries there have more experience and produce a better finished product. I have seen where one tannery here would not accept whole giraffe skins that had been salted and shipped
 
The lower legs are solid bone.
I’m having mine sent back people use them to make bone handles scrimshaw and other stuff.
Or maybe I’ll just put one on the mantle tell all the kids it’s a dinosaur bone.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,413
Messages
1,575,402
Members
170,314
Latest member
MarshaMass
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top