Namibia 2018

It's a non-trophy hunt, maybe with a trophy or two to add to the memories.

If the budget allows, you should consider taking home a Oryx (Gemsbok) and/or a Red Hartebeest. They are plentiful in Nam and trophy fees are reasonable.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Beer and Brats in Swakopmund, and Erindi game park are a must.
Oh, while in Windhoek try to eat at Joe's Beer House, it's a lot of fun
 
Thanks for all the replies; I've booked a trophy Kudu and may add an Oryx if possible. I hope to do some wing shooting, and possibly try for a 'MacNamb' - it would be great to use a shotgun rifle and a fishing rod in one day.; I just need to check whether there is any potential for fishing at Kowas.
 
Enjoy. After my first hunt there, I will be returning soon. You'll love it. And 50 is the new 30, so get to it!
 
Be careful of the thorns .
Watch out for the wine .
And take as much cash as you can , for that extra animal or two that you swore you wouldnt shoot .
Have a great time , but i know you will .
Cheers Dory .
 
You won't be disappointed with choosing Kowas. We just left their place last Monday. This too was my first trip to Africa and I am glad we chose Kowas. I am currently typing this on the Delta flight 201 from South Africa and I am sad that the trip is already over. We spent 2 weeks total with them touring Etosha with Danie and Ansie for the first few days and then I hunted for 9 days with Mathieus and Jacques. Took 11 animals. It was a fantastic trip. If you have the time, talk to them about going to Erindi Game Lodge and staying there for a few days. We overnighted there on our trip to Etosha and the place was amazing.

Agree re: Erindi. It is well worth spending the time in the reserve.
 
Beer and Brats in Swakopmund, and Erindi game park are a must.
Oh, while in Windhoek try to eat at Joe's Beer House, it's a lot of fun

Ditto on Joe's Beer House - very unique, nothing like it.
 
We are going to spend a few days at Swakopmund after our safari, and hope to do some fishing; beer and brats sound good! Thanks for the tip about Joe's Beer House; that could be the ideal place to spend our final evening in Namibia.
 
Absolutely love Namibia. You will have a blast. Some great kudu and eland hunting .
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,361
Messages
1,574,136
Members
169,904
Latest member
Karina5534
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

jnelson wrote on Jjhog's profile.
might think about getting these bullets to me
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top