My W.J. Jeffery 475 No 2 Jeffery

He also shot the rib loose on the Rigby and had to send it back to England for repairs....
Sourdough makes nice bread. .

Best elephant hunter that lived....crossed the Zambezi.. .poached 26 elephant bulls during a thunderstorm to muffle the report from the shots...almost did not survive a trampling from a black rhino on the way back to his cano....survived....went back months later and recovered the 52 tusks and sold them randomly to avoid suspision ....
Great man

Sourdough….. Looks like you have justification to buy a .450 #2 now!
Would be an ultimate dr chambering....sadly not common but a brilliant caliber

Just out interest's sake, Ian Nyschens's second double rifle was a .450 NE by Alex Henry. This is the rifle given to him by Boss Lilford. It's an ungainly gun, made on a .500-sized action with 28" barrels and extractors only. It's now in a collection in Pretoria, South Africa. I've examined it many times and I can promise that the old rifle has been used A LOT!

Best elephant hunter that lived....crossed the Zambezi.. .poached 26 elephant bulls during a thunderstorm to muffle the report from the shots...almost did not survive a trampling from a black rhino on the way back to his cano....survived....went back months later and recovered the 52 tusks and sold them randomly to avoid suspision ....
Great man

OK, not sure I get this. I don’t know who this individual was, but seems like he was a poacher. How can he be a great man when he was no better than the poachers we detest today.

OK, not sure I get this. I don’t know who this individual was, but seems like he was a poacher. How can he be a great man when he was no better than the poachers we detest today.

If you read “Heat, thirst and Ivory” and “Tuskers in the Dust” by Fred Everett it tells a similar story. Many of these men were rogues in their youth, and hunted Ivory for a living in a time when there was very little law and order in Africa

A beautiful rifle in a great caliber :) To follow up with @degoins comment.I would email Kynoch with the ammo serial numbers and they will tell you how old the ammo is. I had boxes that looked almost brand new and they were 60 years old.

So I’m currently reading The Hunting Imperative by Richard Harland. Took a break and paged through the next book I’ll read also by Richard Harland just to look at pictures. Lo and behold there is a picture of this gun and its hunter, same as the other but much better detail. Provenance. Pretty cool.

51933621-1305-41FC-8FFA-2379A0A749A5.jpeg

767633BB-6895-41E8-9E1B-2D005C04381D.jpeg

Couple of days ago I picked up my 1910 W.J. Jeffery 475 No 2 Jeffery. Wow. Really love it. I’m on the road traveling for a few more days so won’t be able to share much till I get where I’m headed. I promise more pictures then along with why I decided to get this.

View attachment 492677

Couple of days ago I picked up my 1910 W.J. Jeffery 475 No 2 Jeffery. Wow. Really love it. I’m on the road traveling for a few more days so won’t be able to share much till I get where I’m headed. I promise more pictures then along with why I decided to get this.

View attachment 492677
Great rifle, I own the same rifle but mine has not been expertly restored, maybe some day. Have fired it 20 times with my reloads. Planning a trip to Africa soon.

IMG_6220.JPG
IMG_6221.JPG
IMG_6222.JPG
IMG_6223.JPG
IMG_6224.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
@1964CFS Congratulations! Sure is something "special" about these guns.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarrinCrof

Latest profile posts

cwpayton wrote on CM McKenzie's profile.
Sir ,is that picture of you packing the shoshone river trail thru buffalo pass? Im trying to get a plan togather for a ride. do you pack professionally or for pleasure. thanks
Cal {cwpayton}
ghay wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Is this rifle sold? If not what is the weight of it and do you know if there is enough difference in diameter between the 35W and the 9.3 to allow for a rebore to a 9.3x62 which is what I am after?
Thanks,
Gary (Just down the road in Springfield)
Woods wrote on Hunter-Habib's profile.
Forgive me if this is the incorrect area, I signed up to this forum just now because I wanted to be on the list to purchase a copy of your autobiography. Please feel free to pass my information along to whomever is selling. Thank you so much. I look forward to it!
I like the Tillie in my picture. They are supposed to fit loose (2 fingers inside hat band), have mesh for cooling, and hold their shape after washing.
SSG Joe wrote on piratensafaris's profile.
From one newbie to another, Welcome aboard!