My Trophy Room - Not much to look at... yet

Cheers
Mines been on the go for 8 months now .
But the end is in sight for the trophy room at least .
Had to alter half the bloody house to get the mans room down below .
Wife cant wait to get me and all my toys out of the main house .
Price of Africa hunt ----- Pretty good
Price of trophy room ____ scary !!!!!:A Deal::A Deal::A Deal:
Dory, Show us some pics of your progress. It has to be more than mine!

Very nice, old fashion craftsmanship! Looks great.

Dory, Show us some pics of your progress. It has to be more than mine!
Things have been a bit slow here Whiskey .
Xmas got in the way then my fishing boat almost sunk while i was out catching crayfish .
SOooo ! i have some rather large bills coming up for a new engine and other repairs .
but there has been a bit of progress .
The green door is the entrance to the trophy room .
And all the gound floor in the third photo is mine to .
hopefully when i get back to work we can get it finished .
!
IMG_0619.JPG
IMG_0555.JPG
IMG_0553.JPG
IMG_0622.JPG

Here are some pics of the progress so far. The coldest, wettest, and snowiest Ga winter I can remember has made building pretty slow. I've also learned a lot more about timber frame joinery resulting in slower but much prettier work.
Looking great! I especially like the "safety" bottles over the bolts! Are you ready to go into the building business yet?

Looking great! I especially like the "safety" bottles over the bolts! Are you ready to go into the building business yet?
We kept tripping over the rebar set into the slab. Gun vault is going there but my lovely wife came up with the temporary (non-OSHA-approved) safety solution!

Things have been a bit slow here Whiskey .
Xmas got in the way then my fishing boat almost sunk while i was out catching crayfish .
SOooo ! i have some rather large bills coming up for a new engine and other repairs .
but there has been a bit of progress .
The green door is the entrance to the trophy room .
And all the gound floor in the third photo is mine to .
hopefully when i get back to work we can get it finished

Man you are making progress. Good luck with the boat!

Very nice. Thanks to @Whiskey1 and @dory for sharing- enjoying the progress updates

Here are some pics of the progress so far. The coldest, wettest, and snowiest Ga winter I can remember has made building pretty slow. I've also learned a lot more about timber frame joinery resulting in slower but much prettier work. The last two weekends have been spent milling more oak, walnut, and hickory for the frame. I'll need about four more days to finish milling the rafters and the freezing weather has my block mason behind as well. It's looking like a busy summer!View attachment 215624View attachment 215625View attachment 215626View attachment 215627View attachment 215628View attachment 215629View attachment 215630View attachment 215631
What absolutely incredible craftsmanship. I am surprised anyone can do that sort of framing today. Our barn on our place in Virginia was framed like that and was as solid as the day it was completed in 1874. And the hardwood lumber is unbelievable. Please tell me much of it will be visible in the finished product! Brilliant concept and execution.

What absolutely incredible craftsmanship. I am surprised anyone can do that sort of framing today. Our barn on our place in Virginia was framed like that and was as solid as the day it was completed in 1874. And the hardwood lumber is unbelievable. Please tell me much of it will be visible in the finished product! Brilliant concept and execution.
A lot of it will be visible- and even more pretty woodwork that I have planned that hasn't even hit the mill yet. Second floor will be all quarter-sawn mixed wide-plank hardwood secured with 18th century cut nails, etc. This may end up being a really long thread...And I really appreciate the compliment and would love to have you PM some pics of the joinery on that barn in VA.

Keep sharing photos when you can guys.

Wow, congrats gents. Beautiful buildings, oops, I meant trophy rooms. :A Clapping::A Clapping:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RaymondNie

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.