Bronze supporter
AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
South Africa, USA (Alaska, Kansas, Maryland)
I probably should just wait until they are done to post this, but... I'm so freaking excited I can't help myself. :E Happy:

My taxidermist received my horns in January, the capes from the tannery in mid-March, and the forms a couple weeks ago. I have received several photos from him in the last week. He mounted up the kudu last week (it's drying) and sent the wildebeest photo this morning. I have never known a taxidermist who communicates as much as he does.

For the record, he's a busy full time guy. When I picked up my tanned hides in March, he was doing finish work on about a dozen black bear rugs. I asked how many he does annually. He said last year he did 105 black bear rugs, so I know he's not twiddling his thumbs waiting on business. Also, in my opinion he does really nice work too. My guess is I'll have these before summer is too far along.

Dahlberg Taxidermy, Wasilla, Alaska... Terrific guy, as straightforward as anyone I've ever met... this is his post-Army career. He doesn't have a website but does have a very active business FB page.

279216614_404460638239625_1771802124994786409_n.jpg

278593566_675623800213721_1360617582371346273_n.jpg

278600073_514128000387427_7305438184885777573_n.jpg

Looking great @Tundra Tiger ! I’m still waiting for my own to arrive from June last year :)

TT, congrats, that is some beautiful work. Keep the updates coming. :)

Looking good there TT! If I knew what the gnu knew, I’d know. If the gnu knew nothing new, neither would I. :)

That brindled gnu- excellent !!

Very nice looking! Can't blame you for being excited!

Nice to see someone excited about their trophies.
Thanks for sharing your excitement.

Looking good.

Not that I give a rat's butt for my own mounts - Jesse was always going to get my work (happiness with past dealings, communications, location, satisfaction with quality, etc) - but what's the going rate for kudu shoulder mounts and wildebeest shoulder mounts?

what's the going rate for kudu shoulder mounts and wildebeest shoulder mounts?
Current pricing from the taxidermy studio I am using for my 2021 safari is as follows: Greater Kudu - $1950 and Wildebeest - $1375. Hope this helps. I'm sure most are less expensive but I'm OK paying the aforementioned.

Looking good!

Again, he was getting my work, period. But I was curious about what such mounts cost. In the for what it's worth department I am paying $1350 each for mine. He crates them, hauls them to the airport in Anchorage, and sticks them on air cargo to my little corner of the world.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarrenGril

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.