Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, DSC, NRA
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Tanzania, Zambia
Well a funny thing happened on my happy wondering through SCI last week in Nashville. I stopped by the Heym booth and struck up the continued conversation about buying a quality used 577 NE over purchasing a new one fit to my specifications and getting the new one won out.

I ordered a new Heym 89B in 577 NE with case color hardened finish, with full level 3 engraving with gold accents and Elephant engraving on the bottom, highest quality wood and all custom fitted to my specifications by the team. I will be picking out the stock in approximately 8 weeks and cant wait for the next steps!

HH

Well a funny thing happened on my happy wondering through SCI last week in Nashville. I stopped by the Heym booth and struck up the continued conversation about buying a quality used 577 NE over purchasing a new one fit to my specifications and getting the new one won out.

I ordered a new Heym 89B in 577 NE with case color hardened finish, with full level 3 engraving with gold accents and Elephant engraving on the bottom, highest quality wood and all custom fitted to my specifications by the team. I will be picking out the stock in approximately 8 weeks and cant wait for the next steps!

HH
That is wonderful HH, well done! I assume the frame is the gross box?

There were some beautiful rifles there at SCI, I’m sure you will be greatly pleased when you get that rifle in your hands. Congrats

That is wonderful HH, well done! I assume the frame is the gross box?

Thanks Kevin,

I can confirm that it is indeed the “gross box” or Large box for those of us in the USA.

HH

HH
Curious about your intended source for ammunition?

I am familiar with the company. However, I was not aware that their ammunition was available in the US?

I am sourcing them through a 3rd party. Well let you know if it goes through.

HH

HH
This is going to be great! Will you be in a position to share pictures of the build process?
Congratulations in any case, cannot wait to see the result!

This is going to be great! Will you be in a position to share pictures of the build process?
Congratulations in any case, cannot wait to see the result!

That’s the plan. Any pictures that I get I will post here for everyone’s perusing.

HH

Very nice. Bet it turns out fantastic. Congratulations
Bruce

I’m very jealous! Please keep us up to date with pictures if at all possible!!!

I’ve always thought about one of the true big bores, but having never shot one I worry that I wouldn’t be able to handle that much recoil. When you get the rifle I would love to hear how it compares to a 500…

Curious about your intended source for ammunition?
@JPmbogo I know I'm new to this site but, has anyone ever said your communication style perfectly matches your Avatar? I find myself following along a conversation, run across one of your posts, look at the avatar, then think to myself, "I get this guy". In a good way.

Thanks Kevin,

I can confirm that it is indeed the “gross box” or Large box for those of us in the USA.

HH
HH, nothing personal, but at 5.5kg if I recall that is a large beast indeed. Are you a big statured person so that didn't bother you? My carry limit is 4.5kg, and I have to hit the dumb bells to handle even that without a care.

HH, nothing personal, but at 5.5kg if I recall that is a large beast indeed. Are you a big statured person so that didn't bother you? My carry limit is 4.5kg, and I have to hit the dumb bells to handle even that without a care.

I’m told by Chris at Heym that the completed rifle will be close to 13 pounds which is about right for this caliber. My 470 NE is 11.5 pounds. It’s all about balance, fit, and and shooting comfort.

I’m 5’11” 225 lbs and not recoil sensitive at all. Love shooting my 505 Gibbs and was looking for my next adventure. This year my wife and I am taking our Blaser R8’s on a multi country Safari. We will have a 300 Win Mag, 375 H&H, and 458 Lott. All of them are suppressor ready(wife needs this).

HH

@JPmbogo I know I'm new to this site but, has anyone ever said your communication style perfectly matches your Avatar? I find myself following along a conversation, run across one of your posts, look at the avatar, then think to myself, "I get this guy". In a good way.
Somebody has to keep the troops in line! Seriously, the "avatar" is part of a
fileTQTO0XHC-371134318.jpg
continuing volunteer recruitment program for the local historical society which owns and operates a significant maritime museum and lighthouse here on the west coast of Washington. We styled it after the classic WWI recruitment poster - see attached

Somebody has to keep the troops in line! Seriously, the "avatar" is part of a View attachment 520426continuing volunteer recruitment program for the local historical society which owns and operates a significant maritime museum and lighthouse here on the west coast of Washington. We styled it after the classic WWI recruitment poster - see attached

I don’t mean to threadjack but I thought his avatar was that British comedian. I don’t get much BBC reception so this is the only clip I remember:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
indiagpt

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois