Muzzle Brake Use

20200224_225631.jpg


Screwed on the muzzle brake and took her to the range. I shot about 15 rounds, several over the Magneto Speed. For me it's a big "meh"

It certainly cut the recoil. It was certainly louder. But, for me, it really didn't make the experience of shooting the rifle better. It made the rifle longer, but the balance was still nice. It changed the point of aim a couple of inches to the right and and up. Velocity was the same. Spread was the same.

I will probably be putting the thread protector back on. I honestly don't mind the amount of recoil the 308 Norma Mag produces. I have nothing against the brake, there just isn't a reason for me to have it.
 
That is a different scenario than most. I don't think anyone would begrudge the use of a BRAKE;), when there is an injury involved(y). But for most users its largely a matter of ignorance:( I think. While I am glad to see lots of new shooters, many arrive at the range with BRAKES;) on their rifles, and have no idea the amount of extra blast and noise:eek: the things produce and its not just about wearing hearing protection. I use plugs and muffs whenever I shoot anything. When you have the open lid on a steel tool box get blown closed by one, you know the amount of blast required to do that is considerable:eek: when the muzzle BRAKE ;)was 5 feet away!:mad:
So I guess that means if you use a muzzle break on your double rifle and shoot it you have to brake it to reload?
You don't need to correct me, it was a joke!
Doug
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,329
Messages
1,573,158
Members
169,711
Latest member
JaynePpg6
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top