Muntjac Pictures

Only doing a Euro mount so I should be ok with TTSX.

95% of stalkers and 100% of guides are able to clean and prep skulls to a high standard, so you wouldn't need to worry about a taxidermist for that. It should only take your guide 40-60 minutes to do one, but they normally charge a small fee.
 
A good representative buck tonight and a doe.

IMG_2771.JPG

IMG_2794.JPG

IMG_2773.JPG
 
the pedicle points are incredibly long. Interesting.
 
the one on the left was very old had damaged his front leg and was I think not long for this world would have never seen it if it had not been for my old dog who stopped dead and just starred into a really thick patch of bramble and would not move away always a good sign went back starred into the bramble with her, there sat tight about five feet away was the muntjac did not realise how good it was until it was out of the brambles.
 
the pedicle points are incredibly long. Interesting.
skull to left brow tines 1.2 and 1.4 cic scored 56.4 right skull 1.1 and 1.5 cic score 57 brow tines need to be greater than 1 cm to be included in the trophy measurement
 
here's another buck taken this week

IMG_0386.JPG
IMG_0388.JPG
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting head.
I think I read recently that the CIC are interested in and want stalkers to send them images of abnormal or multi point Muntjac heads with a view to gathering information on non typical trophies for a potential new score for these heads.
Might be worth sending them an email if you're interested.
 
Hi Adrian
Thanks I will look into it
If the deformed antler was like the other it would be borderline gold definite silver score
 
Lucky of you guys there in UK to have this magnificent little deer.......Muntjac is allways floating in my thoughts......I know some I will be there to give a try to that great combo of Muntjac and Chinesse Water Deer.....!!!!!

Great pics.....I really enjoy this kind of trophies....!!!!
 
@Dudders these little guys must be fun to hunt.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,272
Messages
1,571,202
Members
169,274
Latest member
VilmaKorne
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt Meister
480-410-1594
azklmsr462@gmail.com

have a great evening
autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
 
Top