Most reliable scope under 1000



These American put together Steiners are a bang for your buck. Really good German glass and coating.
I believe they are put together in the Burris USA factory, but you’re getting insane Steiner glass.

I have one on a silenced 308 and Talley one piece rings. Have never re sighted it back in like 4 years haha. I check it a lot too. It gets hunted hard.

I love that it has a really big eye box. Click adjustments are really solid. And just super clear compared to most stuff I have, (I run swaro binos)
+1 for Steiner Predator 4
IMG_0348.jpeg
 
Thank you everyone! I went with a Trijicon AccuPoint 3-9x40. Should fit the bill. I appreciate all the input and suggestions.
 
Looking for options on the most durable and reliable scope in the 3x9 ish range.
Must be 2nd focal plane.
Must be a simple radical. No Christmas tree style stuff.
Must be able to fit a long action model 70 with tally style rings. I don’t want to run a rail.
Must have a good reputation for holding zero.
It will be in a scabbard on a quad and see its fair share of vibrations.
I was looking at the night force shv but it’s fairly short. Most say it doesn’t work well on a long action without running a pic rail.
Very interested in Trijicon accupoint but read mixed reviews on reliability. Same with leupold. I’m not opposed to buying used if it’s a reputable brand with a good warranty. I should add a solid 1-8 ish lpvo could also work as the rifle will be a 400 yard and in set up. Thanks folks.
Many scopes including even Swarovski have a reputation for failing from jolts from a quad bike so I would go with some (literally) bombproof - a second hand Schmidt & Bender
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,277
Messages
1,570,394
Members
168,879
Latest member
ArnoldHoz
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top