Votes: 5 6.6%
  • Eland

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • Bushbuck

Votes: 8 10.5%
  • Other

Votes: 10 13.2%

• Total voters
For me it would be the Kudu, it has been my favorite antelope since I can remember. I'd say followed by Nyala & Bongo.

Pronghorn.
But you were probably thinking African antelope, so my first choice is Okapi.
Second, Bongo, Third, Nyala, then Kudu, Bushbuck, and Sable.
All of them are lovely and have great characteristics, most beauty is in one's own personal choices.

Greater Kudu!
Numba one on my wish list, anyway. :)

Ok now we’re picking top five...is it just me, or does anyone else feel like you’re ranking the top 5 favorite of your numerous children?
Ugh
Ok...
Sable
Kudu
Nyala
Grants gazelle
Waterbuck

Each beating out the other by a nostril hair in that race.
Please don’t tell the other kids. Or Mom.

I tried to consider grace in the decision until I remembered a video I saw of a supermodel taking a digger on the runway. I’ll stick with looks for now.

Last edited:
Bongo. Beauty.
Sable. Majesty.
Kudu. Presence.
Waterbuck. Handsomely rugged.
Impala. Grace.
I think I have similar tastes. Especially with the one word description that was included. I think the Springbok and Impala would be in the same category, and the little Steenbok would be pretty. Or cute. LOL

All the ones named are great, only problem is once you get one you want the next and the list goes on, but that is a good problem to have. I vote for Nyala.
86006DB4-AA11-45D6-B60C-17B99119E3B1.jpeg

I have to give it to impala. Hands down. If the criteria as the op laid out is beauty then it always lies in the eye of the beholder and some of the animals are rarer or more majestic but not more beautiful. Three perfectly groom colors in in the body. White belly, light tan moving to darker tan on top. A little black in the tail and more white in the face. Then you have a perfectly formed neck and face like a model. The kicker for me then is a big male whose horns dwarf the head.

Sable is more majestic, gemsbok is more unique, the others are more rare but it is still impala.

1. Lord Derby Eland (by a long margin).

2. Bongo.
3. Greater Kudu.
4. Gemsbok.
5. Springbok.

Honorable Mention: N. American Pronghorn.
Presuming this is about African antelopes, otherwise, the pronghorn would be close behind the bongo, in my opinion.

Last edited:
All the spiraleds, with the victor being the one that dropped in its tracks (Nyala).
LimpopoSA20070717 034.jpgLimpopoSA20070723 004.jpgLimpopoSA20070724 052.jpgLimpopoSA20070725 024.jpg
Special mention to PH Alec Strauss of Zim that helped make it happen in one trip, in 2007!

Last edited:
Lesser kudu. These are not necessarily the most magnificent (which might be a sable or a kudu), or the most interesting (nyala?) etc. But there is something about a lesser kudu that other antelope just don't seem to have - a delicate sort of beauty which other antelope don't have and that touches you in a way that a sable, for example, doesn't.

If that sounds odd to you, it's likely because you haven't hunted one yet!
'Not to mention what you've gone through and where you've been to collect one! ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsmaelMorg

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg