Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, NA Hunt Club
Hunted
Tanzania, Botswana, Zimbabwe (2), Namibia (2), South Africa (2)
I seriously doubt it ever becomes a viable hunting option again, at least in the foreseeable future.

What a shame! I should have went 8 years but I was not in the right situation to go hunting there.

Damn shame, there was unique hunting opportunities there. But far worse than that is the impact on the people there.

I dont think there will be hunting there for a while. Just read the article over a million people have been displaced, just a tragic shame for what once was one of the more stable countries in Africa.

Calling these criminals jihadists is akin to calling a pedophile a priest. They are nothing more than organized crime.

This just stinks... I was going right when things started to go downhill... Doesn't look good for the future

I too had a plan that went south.

Today in Niger, six french tourists and two locals killed, close to the Burkina Faso border.

I suspect Macron probably will step it up a bit. He has before.

+1 for wiping out the bad guys.

+2 wiping out the bad guys...but WHY are we not arming the resistance massively?

The "resistance" would be the govt., and we probably are to some extent. I know the French have a presence there.

"Africa for Africans"....a common expression there.
But when I visit Africa, and I have many times, most of the things I see that are lasting are from the Colonial period....churches, hiways, bridges......even the forms of government. And many countries experienced their greatest stability, and periods of law, order, and prosperity during those times. B.F., seems unable to govern itself........and with Africa's population predicted to triple by the year 2100, anarchy may be approaching. Here's hoping I am wrong and the future is rosy, but I wouldn't plan on hunting there soon. .....FWB

@flatwater bill, I agree human conflicts are bound to happen. Whether it’s Africa or the USA, in the future, human populations are out of control and “most people are not on the same page”. If no one stops an aggressive force, the conflict grows and grows.

But when I visit Africa, and I have many times, most of the things I see that are lasting are from the Colonial period....churches, hiways, bridges..

China, India have history of continuous governments 3-4000 years.
Western societies, have modern history (arguably) for 2000 years.
(read - they are building something for that many years)

On the other side.
With exception of Ethiopia and Egypt, modern governments of Africa, in most of cases have started in last 100 years, with legal and govt system mostly a copy from the colonizing countries or with some foreign influence (Soviet)
It will take time to develop.
In order to do that, they need relatively stable governments, which can develop social, medical, and most important - public educational systems in place, in order for next generations to keep the pace with other countries.
In parallel, economy must be developed to finance all that.

On the other hand, local war and warlike conflicts, will stop any progress, and bring the local communities to (african) social system as of 19th century and backwards. It will stop foreign investments, and local developments, and as in our case - will stop the tourist industry, speeding up economic decline. (followed with wildlife populations decline, because in African local conflicts poaching thrives, for bush meat, for troops, or refugees, or for black market for ivory and rhino horn - to finance local conflict groups)

The flip side is this: There ARE countries in Africa that can be hunted right now. And now is the time to do it......not to wait any longer than necessary. When the infection rates are stable, and the left wing media has terrorized the world enough, I'm going back. My younger brother imparted some wisdom to me when we were much younger. He said, If you find a good hunt, hunt it! Don't wait or say, "I'm gonna go back there in a few years". Do it now. Something will happen: winter die off, political or legal change, logging screw up, fire, disease....but it wont last. He was referring to hunts in the USA, but it is even more applicable to Africa. I have talked with dozens....maybe hundreds, who said, "I'd like to hunt Africa someday. Maybe when I retire". Nope, B.F. is only one example. Do it NOW..............all the best....FWB

(y)
I already have a trip to Africa postponed for 2021! I am in full agreement.

they are just going through what europe went through in the last 5 centuries.
it will take it course.
how long that is remains to be seen.
what we are seeing that is modern is warfare.
modern warfare does not include rules set by europeans.
modern warefare has shown that the little guys can still win.
bruce.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg