Montana Rifle Company Actions

Yes. Yes they would. Just S. of Pittsburgh. I'm at the opp. corner of the state but my son attended UPITT and after 9 yrs, finally graduated for the big payoff (payback?), so i'd drop off/pick up stuff when in town.
Awesome. I am from Johnstown myself and went to Pitt for a few years. Don't know any gunsmiths in my immediate area now (Northshore, Louisiana).

I like the Dakotas (now Parkwest Arms), but even on the used side of things they are still out of my range for a while. Buying a home soon and gas prices etc. I would very much like the order a custom gun from Parkwest, because the were really good at selling them to me at DSC. The Granite mountains are even farther away haha. What do they charge for their action alone?
I can always just do the sensible thing and wait and save, but I get excited about guns!
it is of the highest quality (GMA)...$1800 (for open sights.) LOL :p Good stuff. I lucked into a fine Dakota recently with this rather poor economy everyone is dumping guns for gas.

it is of the highest quality (GMA)...$1800 (for open sights.) LOL :p Good stuff. I lucked into a fine Dakota recently with this rather poor economy everyone is dumping guns for gas.
I keep hoping to luck into one as well! Tried a few low bids on Rock Island Auction, hoping to get lucky, but the beautiful big bores are in demand by someone. Too bad CZ dropper their real actions!

Awesome. I am from Johnstown myself and went to Pitt for a few years. Don't know any gunsmiths in my immediate area now (Northshore, Louisiana).
I know of one in LA (i'll get his details,) but you can't go wrong with Shaw (as they get a LOT of traffic and thus are familiar with every make/model and are staffed to get things out the door as promised-this seems to be the major problem with many gunsmiths/gunmakers.) I realize the MSM adds to their workloads, but it's a good thing (the problems of prosperity.)

I keep hoping to luck into one as well! Tried a few low bids on Rock Island Auction, hoping to get lucky, but the beautiful big bores are in demand by someone. Too bad CZ dropper their real actions!
it's so nice...i would be hard-pressed to let go of it (so i think it's why people that have em, keep 'em. no longer mfd, not for sale. they were plentiful once upon a time-esp. the holy grail-the takedowns in multiple calibers.) When i first set it up (scope, etc.), using the crappiest factory ammo (300 WM 150 gr Whitetail) it shot 1/2" groups at 100. Then neighbor (1,000 yds away-hears cannonfire) comes over, hands me 2 boxes of factory fusion 180 gr (all shots touching.) It's very fine (and yeah, even a steal is nearly double that of a fine semi-custom factory such as MRC and many others (Wby, Christiansen, et. al.) $800 is it? Grab it and go! We had a big flood along the Del. River in '55 (before my time, but i saw all the bridge abutments with no bridges growing up) but you had a BIG one (was it '72??) and I believe that's why they built or improved Raystown Lake (reservoir/dam). Friends/fam fished there when I was at PSU.

it's so nice...i would be hard-pressed to let go of it (so i think it's why people that have em, keep 'em. no longer mfd, not for sale. they were plentiful once upon a time-esp. the holy grail-the takedowns in multiple calibers.) When i first set it up (scope, etc.), using the crappiest factory ammo (300 WM 150 gr Whitetail) it shot 1/2" groups at 100. Then neighbor (1,000 yds away-hears cannonfire) comes over, hands me 2 boxes of factory fusion 180 gr (all shots touching.) It's very fine (and yeah, even a steal is nearly double that of a fine semi-custom factory such as MRC and many others (Wby, Christiansen, et. al.) $800 is it? Grab it and go! We had a big flood along the Del. River in '55 (before my time, but i saw all the bridge abutments with no bridges growing up) but you had a BIG one (was it '72??) and I believe that's why they built or improved Raystown Lake (reservoir/dam). Friends/fam fished there when I was at PSU.
A good, reputable Louisiana gunsmith would be great to know for me. I have a few things I could use some help with in the future.
The Dakota's and Parkwest rifles I have handled at DSC felt great and I am glad to hear they shoot well. I promised the Parkwest guys I would order one from them some day.
Flooded (again) in 1977 and of course there was the real flood in 1889 when the dam broke.
Thanks for the good responses! It is why I keep coming back to this forum.

I like the SS versions (even coated SS-fine) as they're suitable to hunt Everywhere (AK is not a bluing-friendly state.)

I know of one in LA (i'll get his details,) but you can't go wrong with Shaw (as they get a LOT of traffic and thus are familiar with every make/model and are staffed to get things out the door as promised-this seems to be the major problem with many gunsmiths/gunmakers.) I realize the MSM adds to their workloads, but it's a good thing (the problems of prosperity.)
This is the guy. I had a long exchange with him late last year and he showed me what he can do. You have to be very specific as to what YOU want, so they don't give you what THEY like. Some of those SxSW guns just look funny. lol. Funny-looking shooters they have all come to know and love. Like some of the taxidermy. In winter, I just want a house or fancy RV on Holly Beach, LA (stop by when driving down to TX.) Friend's worked at this rope factory in PA (that relocated to Lafayette LA, so they went with it nearing retirement.) https://bayouadvancedweaponsystems....LBbkVlNG4MCbMHNpC00-Hw3yQVElcqmkOIUExekDIe5RI

This is the guy. I had a long exchange with him late last year and he showed me what he can do. You have to be very specific as to what YOU want, so they don't give you what THEY like. Some of those SxSW guns just look funny. lol. Funny-looking shooters they have all come to know and love. Like some of the taxidermy. In winter, I just want a house or fancy RV on Holly Beach, LA (stop by when driving down to TX.) Friend's worked at this rope factory in PA (that relocated to Lafayette LA, so they went with it nearing retirement.) https://bayouadvancedweaponsystems....LBbkVlNG4MCbMHNpC00-Hw3yQVElcqmkOIUExekDIe5RI
Interesting, I may have heard of them before. I will check them out.

their name unfortunately doesn't smack of some of the DG rifles they churn out!

I have the MRC in .416 Rigby had it built in 2016 or 2017 and love it, had them cut down the barrel to 22 inches add a barrel band and ceracote the metal. It shoots great with the RMR on it. I also have a CZ 416 Rigby while accurate I much prefer the Montana as it seems to be a much beefier rifle.

I have the MRC in .416 Rigby had it built in 2016 or 2017 and love it, had them cut down the barrel to 22 inches add a barrel band and ceracote the metal. It shoots great with the RMR on it. I also have a CZ 416 Rigby while accurate I much prefer the Montana as it seems to be a much beefier rifle.
Do you have a picture of the MRC 416? Just curious, as the one I see for sale is in an aftermarket stock and there does not seem to be many pictures online. I did contact the seller for more info, but they haven't gotten back to me.

this is not MNR?, is it?
I want they ; what kinda a price they ;

I think they are a custom gun maker, where MRC was more of a factory style rifle company. Though the rifles you reference in the link look awesome.

Do you have a picture of the MRC 416? Just curious, as the one I see for sale is in an aftermarket stock and there does not seem to be many pictures online. I did contact the seller for more info, but they haven't gotten back to me.
i think they show the orig wood stock w/ crossbolts, etc. down below in the ad, no? if that's the one i commented on (w/ the HS precision stock).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boobrick8

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you