Missing ammunition

Odinsraven

Platinum supporter
AH elite
Joined
May 25, 2013
Messages
1,235
Reaction score
1,759
Location
Iceland
Media
11
Hunting reports
Africa
6
Member of
NRA Life Membe,Icelandic Hunting Club SKOTVIS , BASC (UK) Countryside Alliance (UK)r
Hunted
UK ,Ireland, Bulgaria,Iceland,Czech Republic
Hi everyone forgive my stupidity perhaps but there is much talk on these boards regarding losing your ammo when flying to your hunt.

I have only been to Africall twice back this year ... However I have already built up a small african box ....which remains with the last PH I Hunt with.. In there I have pretty much everything I need ... If my luggage goes missing.

This includes bipod..... sticks ....jacket ...boots etc also ammo a spare rangefinder and by spare bins. I have also unfired ammo left there.

So when I am going to my next hunt I have the last PH courier it to the next place a couple of weeks before I leave I have my box shipped. So before I leave for Africa I know I have most of what I need in spares.


As I will hopefully be returning many times I will expand on my little kit.

However as my buddy teases me what's next a portable reloading bench dies and bullet heads ..... now that's an idea....
 
That is not good information to advertize.

I do hope your PH has a rifle that matches the ammunition that you are leaving behind. i will take it that you forgot to pack your excess ammunition and you are hoping your ph still has it.

Some countries have a limit on the amount of ammunition they can legally have for each of their rifles. Any ammunition that does not match a rifle is illegal to own.
 
Hi James I use aN ammunition manufacturer in SA to organise the transfers of ammo ...It being collected from me @ hotel thus making everything legal .....sorry I did not clarify that.

But as a large part of my hunting is eastern Cape and the airlines insist the ammo is separate from luggage. I do not have to stress about missing ammo.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,272
Messages
1,571,229
Members
169,280
Latest member
JackieMund
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt Meister
480-410-1594
azklmsr462@gmail.com

have a great evening
autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
 
Top