Merkel SxS??

And I am kinda of surprised the shooter didn't feel the position of his trigger change?

When I bent my trigger the same as the above picture I was shooting my 500NE which doubled. I had a few other things going on at the time which sort of drew my attention from a bending trigger.
 
OK I might just give them a call. If I could replace the trigger with one that I know is as hard as, then it is all happy days again. I don't mind the Merkels, there just seem to be some niggling issues that are starting to bug me. I do like shooting a .500 too . I went out this morning and put 8 shots through it with no problems, so I'll be buggered if I know.
Hi Bos. Got the same gun and had a double discharge with the back trigger. Later I had a few shots with the front trigger 1st with no problems
 
My friend's Merkel 140 AE ,a 2006 model in 470 NE, started shooting doubles after 500 rounds a few years ago.

We have a gunsmith school nearby, one of the teachers who has studied in top Germany shools re-built a different double discharge prevention system. It is based on some other maker's mechanism, now there is no possibility for the left barrel to go off unless the trigger is actually being pulled.


The gun is mine now, I have read quite a lot about these Merkels doubling ... I'm fully confident now.

The gun fits me great,me being the same size as my friend. I enjoy practising with it weekly,shooting claybirds on sand berm etc. The rifle groups and regulates great and is pure fun to shoot!

IMG-20220612-174523-346-2.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
70,436
Messages
1,576,162
Members
170,526
Latest member
MariePayto
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top