Meeting with Norma Reps tomorrow - Pass along your requests for brass/ammo that you would like to see imported to the US in the near future.

458 Lott
300 RUM
375 RUM
338 WM
Would love to see 375 Ruger but I won’t hold my breath.

Thanks for hearing us out!

It was until a few years ago when Norma seemingly discontinued it's entire American PH line. There were a lot of great loads that just went away.

Found this via Ammoseek. Several AH members have taken advantage of this relatively good deal.

1678548178665.png

Found this via Ammoseek. Several AH members have taken advantage of this relatively good deal.

View attachment 522248

Yes, that particular Partition round has been the only American PH loading readily available for some time. I assume it is all new old stock.

The OP of this thread also has that 6.5x55 load for sale but the 156gr Oryx that Shootist43 said he would like to see is no longer available, AFAIK.

I hope I’m not too late, but 416 Taylor brass and loaded cartridges would be awesome. Also 308 and 358 Norma ammunition would be great to see as well.
Boyd,
We’ve got 416 Taylor brass in stock.

I did ask about 308 Norma Mag and 358 Norma Mag ammo. We have the brass in stock and can also get you the oryx projectiles, but factory loads are harder to come by.

@RAVEN ROCKS PRECISION

As for the .404J brass - someone needs to explain to them that this brass is very popular for benchrest shooters to form into various odd/custom calibers.

My belief is that .404j brass is in a state of eternal short supply because there is a much greater demand for it than just the Safari community.

Loading 7x57mm Mauser ammunition with 175Gr Hornady Interlocks

Loading .375 Holland & Holland Magnum ammunition with 300Gr Trophy Bonded Bear Claws or Rhino Solid Shanks

Loading .505 Gibbs ammunition with 600Gr Northfork Flat Point Solids & Cup Point Solids

Offering factory loaded ammunition for the .577 Nitro Express & .600 Nitro Express

Update after our meeting with Norma:

First of all, thanks to everyone who provided input. I took note of each post before we went to the meeting and passed along your comments and feedback. I'll start by saying that our visit with Norma USA reps was fantastic. Everyone we met with had a real interest in helping us meet our customers' needs and were genuinely nice people.

For those that aren't aware, Beretta Holdings recently acquired RUAG Ammotec (Norma is under the RUAG umbrella). I bring this up because Beretta and RUAG are going through a period of transition, and I think it's important that the reloading/handloading community, to include the DG and ELR hunting communities, keep up the demand signal during this time. Since the last shortage started, ammo production has focused on more common calibers like 9mm and .223/5.56, and it's obviously taken longer for specialized brass from the NE calibers to the RUM/SAUM/WSM calibers to come back in stock. We spoke to Norma about the real demand for their Swedish manufactured brass and ammunition. We talked about how the demand spanned from individual handloaders to custom rifle and small batch ammo manufacturers. The reps we spoke to were very receptive, and your requests were well received.

Here is some good news:

Norma is building a new state of the art facility that will be able to produce loaded ammunition and form brass in the US. Expect production to be fully up and running in a couple more years, but we think it has some serious advantages because (at least for US based customers) it simplifies the logistics problem without compromising on quality assurance.

Norma is still importing Swedish made ammo and components this year. MTF on when we can talk about what will be coming in the near future.

Additionally, a good number of the calibers you gents asked for, we currently have in stock. We may not be able to get loaded 358 Norma Mag or 308 Norma Mag for you, but we can certainly sell you some new brass and Oryx bullets so that you can load your own.

We are also hoping to disclose some more good news in the near future, but we don't like to get too "cart before the horse."

I'll end on this note. We are a small company who prides ourselves on excellent customer service. We'll keep passing along to OEMs what our customers need, continuing to bang the demand drum on your behalf. Reach out to us anytime and thank you for your business thus far.

R/
Bill

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillieBurk

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg