Mauser Mark X Transformation

He turned a No. 1 B into a German stalking rifle for me. Brilliant work.
 
Will do. I wasn’t sure I would have it back in time but I took a chance and got this gun added to the permit list for Africa in June. If it shoots like it looks, I’ll be taking it as a PG option for the boys and me.
Is the Schnabel forend ebony or horn? Whichever it is gorgeous. Both my mausers have the raised side panels but not nearly as pretty as this.
 
Is the Schnabel forend ebony or horn? Whichever it is gorgeous. Both my mausers have the raised side panels but not nearly as pretty as this.
Must be ebony, horn has a bit of a translucent look to it.

Beautiful Mark X, best looking example I’ve seen!
 
Thank you! Shot it today. I’m taking it to Africa in June most likely with open sights.
Absolutely stunning rifle.

I was going to ask if you were planning on adding glass or staying with the open sights.
 
Absolutely stunning rifle.

I was going to ask if you were planning on adding glass or staying with the open sights.
My eyes aren't the best anymore and I may have to add glass eventually but on the June trip, it will be open sights. We will have other options if the situation dictates but I am gonna try to put this rifle to use the way it sits.
 
I'm upset with myself for no "before" pictures. I won't make that mistake again.
Is that the original stock, Sir? It's beautiful!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,256
Messages
1,569,888
Members
168,772
Latest member
RSCChristi
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top