Mauser M12 Status?

MD Driver

AH senior member
Reaction score
Have been on the Mauser website over the past few days, and I’m not seeing anything on the M12. Maybe they’re just updating their site, but the huge disappointment of dropping the M03 wasn’t that long ago. Hope they keep making it.

When I bought my first M12, it was cheaper, no low cost but cheaper.
Today they have the same price that old M03
I have 2 M12, in 2013 i bought one in 7mmRM and Last year I bought another with thumbhole in 338wm, called MAX

I change wooden stock, put thumbhole to 7mmRM and normal wood to 338wm With muzzle brake.

PXL_20221228_094953697.jpg
PXL_20221228_094936545.jpg
PXL_20221228_093030153.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I had to buy from the store because they were going to withdraw from the market.
They have released 3 new variants of the M18.
I think that little by little they are going to put aside the M12

Let's not forget that Mauser is under the same roof as Sauer and Blaser

Have been on the Mauser website over the past few days, and I’m not seeing anything on the M12. Maybe they’re just updating their site, but the huge disappointment of dropping the M03 wasn’t that long ago. Hope they keep making it.
I can see 6 variations of M12, with prices and all details as well.
Screenshot_20230103_164008_Chrome.jpg

Very good! Must have been website maintenance or something a few days ago….. just showed the M18 and M98 guns then. Fine rifles, glad they’re going to be around longer.

I have been looking at the mausers and it seems they have two different websites. One site just shows the m18 and m12 the other just shows the m98 and m18. Both are their US sites. I thought it was weird too. Not sure which is the most up to date website.

Mauser’s display here in Nashville just has the M98, including the DWM which is very cool, and the M18. Their 2023 “catalog” is nothing more than a small pamphlet, showing the 98 and 18.

Forgot… that 125 year commemorative M98 or whatever it is, also in display. That’s a beautiful work.

Wouldn’t surprise me to see Mauser drop everything that isn’t the 98 or M18 and let Blaser and Sauer fill the middle ground. It doesn’t seem like they’re supporting the 404 much over here either, which is a shame.

Would like to have one one day. Not sure how I feel about the two tone scheme on the special edition one
I was thinking the same thing, but that wood gave me a bit of wood!

Dropping the M03 was terrible! I absolutely love mine and it shoots brilliantly.
While they’re cheap and do the job, I just don’t think of the M18 as a real Mauser. The M12 is an excellent rifle and I considered buying one, but it seems they have press fit barrels so I dropped the idea.

Looks like Mauser’s website finally posted a 2023 catalog for download. Includes the M12.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rocky12K91

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double