Man Eater: Descent Into Depravity

Another wonderful story, thank you for sharing you experiences!
 
Thank you for another enjoyable read, maybe you and your friend Kawshik should get together on writing a book on your early hunting and guiding exploits in old India.
 
Enjoyed the read, thanks for sharing!
 
Thank you for another enjoyable read, maybe you and your friend Kawshik should get together on writing a book on your early hunting and guiding exploits in old India.
Thank you so much for enjoying it.
I am actually writing a book , using the title of this article . It is expected to be published in July. It details the 13 man eating panthers which l have shot.
Kawshik has agreed to write 45 % of the book , writing about 3 royal Bengal tigers shot by himself.
 
Thank you so much , Doctor .
On a side note , l have read that you own a .416 Remington magnum calibre bolt rifle . How it this cartridge ?

Excellent and in fact it’s one of my favourites now.
 
Thank you so much for enjoying it.
I am actually writing a book , using the title of this article . It is expected to be published in July. It details the 13 man eating panthers which l have shot.
Kawshik has agreed to write 45 % of the book , writing about 3 royal Bengal tigers shot by himself.
Let me know when it available. I look forward to reading it!
 
Another great story - I appreciate you sharing these with us
 
I especially liked it when you also included the lessons learned during this ... incident.

Did you share your findings with the farmer with the shotgun, or other local people?
Thank you , pert time. I did infact share my findings with the forest department officials of Nagpur ( It was their duty to release any such information to the public and the locals ) . Every licensed shikaree who dispatched a man eating panther in those days , had to prepare a report to present to the forest department officials .
I am writing an article tonight about an entire comprehensive guide to panther shooting , based on my experience in the field . Perhaps , it will be of interest to you ?
 
Thank you , pert time. I did infact share my findings with the forest department officials of Nagpur ( It was their duty to release any such information to the public and the locals ) . Every licensed shikaree who dispatched a man eating panther in those days , had to prepare a report to present to the forest department officials .
I am writing an article tonight about an entire comprehensive guide to panther shooting , based on my experience in the field . Perhaps , it will be of interest to you ?
It is highly unlikely that I will ever shoot a panther. I'm sure I will find the article interesting, nevertheless.

edit:
About my name and handle. I use 'perttime' in many places on the internet. It goes back quite a while. It took me some time to realize that it might throw off people. 'perttime' is formed from my first name Pertti (a local variant of Albert...) and the beginning of my family name which is long and unwieldy for international forums.
 
Last edited:
It is highly unlikely that I will ever shoot a panther. I'm sure I will find the article interesting, nevertheless.

edit:
About my name and handle. I use 'perttime' in many places on the internet. It goes back quite a while. It took me some time to realize that it might throw off people. 'perttime' is formed from my first name Pertti (a local variant of Albert...) and the beginning of my family name which is long and unwieldy for international forums.
I have a Finnish friend named Pertti . Are you Finnish or Polish ?
 
Thank you so much for enjoying it.
I am actually writing a book , using the title of this article . It is expected to be published in July. It details the 13 man eating panthers which l have shot.
Kawshik has agreed to write 45 % of the book , writing about 3 royal Bengal tigers shot by himself.

Good to hear. Please make sure you let us know where and when we can purchase the book as I am sure that there are many here on AH that would purchase the book.
Thanks.
 
Thanks once again for another account of your hunts it's awesome that you are willing to share your hunts. I look forward to your book. I have read all of Corbetts books and also Kenneth Anderson's book on maneaters of India.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,307
Messages
1,572,362
Members
169,540
Latest member
NonaG07838
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top