Magnaport

+1 on this.

I can’t stand them. Go down in caliber or add weight to the gun. This trend towards ultra light mountain rifles with muzzle breaks is ridiculous. If you can’t haul around 2 or 3 pounds of extra gun than get your tail in shape!!
Exactly!!!! I am seeing too many big-caliber ultra-light rifles and poorly designed stocks in the hunting industry today. Couple this with the fact that very few hunters actually utilize proper shooting technique, and you have a whole generation of recoil sensitive hunters.

Also, too many hunters are using unnecessary cartridges. Why use a 460 Weatherby mag???? Cartridges like that make no practical sense. Is the heavy recoil and muzzle blast worth it, especially since a 416 will easily kill the same animals with half the recoil. When people buy a 460 Weatherby mag, then complain that they can't handle the recoil without a brake, you have to question all of their logic from that point forward.

There is a reason everybody considers the pre-64 model 70s, vintage Sakos, custom Mausers, and CZ 550s to be such smooth shooters in big calibers; they were heavy and had well designed stocks.

I would rather lose 2 pounds out of my pack than 2 pounds off of my rifle. I hike for many miles with 10# rifles all the time and it is no big deal. Get a good 2-point sling and you will hardly notice the rifle. That extra weight really does make shooting more stable and controllable. Heck, adding a limbsaver recoil pad to a rifle is a game changer.
 
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
70,383
Messages
1,574,680
Members
170,113
Latest member
johnevan92
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top