Mad Minute

Also the bolt is almost immediately above the trigger so there is less hand movement needed than with a Mauser.

I was on a Canadian Rangers shooting team that shot CFSAC at Connaught Range. We routinely shot 10 rounds in under 30 seconds, at 200 yards using Mk4 Lee Enfields. 38 hits in a minute is a fantastic number, at 300 yards.

When I lived in Houston we shot Across the Course Highpower which included Rapid Fire sitting and prone, 10 shots in 60 seconds. Then BP and Shell moved in major operations in west Houston and we got guys coming in from the UK. These guys used SMLE rifles. The SMLE is a cock on opening action as opposed to a cock on closing Mauser action. We were amazed to see how these SMLEs were shot. With a cock on opening you pull the trigger with the middle finger, you flip the bolt with the index, and close the bolt with the thumb. A good guy can shoot a SMLE really fast.
You have it reversed. Lee Enfield actions are COC, as is the Mauser 96. The Mauser 98 is COO.

CT

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaI60135

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross