Mad Minute

Also the bolt is almost immediately above the trigger so there is less hand movement needed than with a Mauser.
 
I was on a Canadian Rangers shooting team that shot CFSAC at Connaught Range. We routinely shot 10 rounds in under 30 seconds, at 200 yards using Mk4 Lee Enfields. 38 hits in a minute is a fantastic number, at 300 yards.
 
When I lived in Houston we shot Across the Course Highpower which included Rapid Fire sitting and prone, 10 shots in 60 seconds. Then BP and Shell moved in major operations in west Houston and we got guys coming in from the UK. These guys used SMLE rifles. The SMLE is a cock on opening action as opposed to a cock on closing Mauser action. We were amazed to see how these SMLEs were shot. With a cock on opening you pull the trigger with the middle finger, you flip the bolt with the index, and close the bolt with the thumb. A good guy can shoot a SMLE really fast.
You have it reversed. Lee Enfield actions are COC, as is the Mauser 96. The Mauser 98 is COO.

CT
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,281
Messages
1,571,575
Members
169,375
Latest member
Richmond416
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top