M 70 Winchester

375sunrise

AH senior member
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
71
Reaction score
28
Location
North Texas
Hunting reports
Africa
1
What are the differences between pre 64 m70 & post 64 2 piece bottom metal?
 
Can be aluminum or steel and also can be 1 piece or 2 pieces. You have to know the model and year. If you have one, you can look at it and tell. If you have the model and year but not the rifle, go to Brownells and look it up as if you are looking to buy that part. Or if you are around a competent gunsmith, go ask him.
 
Thanks guys for your replies. I should have made my question more direct. I need to know if there is a difference between the guard screw spacing of the M70 pre & post 64 TWO PIECE bottom metal.
 
Yes there is a difference. they are not interchangeable.

Pre-64 action screw spacing is shorter than post-64 long actions, and much longer than post-64 short actions.
 
Thanks D Dog, can you tell me if the difference in length of the long actions is between the 2 guard screws or the front guard screw & floor plate screw ?
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,271
Messages
1,571,235
Members
169,284
Latest member
BernardoHe
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt Meister
480-410-1594
azklmsr462@gmail.com

have a great evening
autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
 
Top