Looking for advice toward my first Safari

Just for comparison. I dropped off my guns and checked bag w/ ammo for storage in Joburg at 9:00 a.m. on April 25 and retrieved them on May 2 at around 5:00 p.m. seven nights and eight days and I paid 166.40. I used Gracy Travel to set up the storage and it was seamless. Bruce was there when I arrived from Blomfontein and after my fishing trip at Richards Bay, was there with my gun case and bag when I arrived. I couldn't ask for better service. This was this year. $850 for two weeks was a hose job.

The $850 included the permit and the overnight. No gun, I would have not need the overnight.

I agree that it would be a very good idea to reach out specifically to husbands and wives that have been on a safari as a couple. My husband and I are both hunters and we had an excellent safari with Limcroma Safaris a few years back. They are a first class outfit, and I can personally assure that they will deliver on making the wife happy. Good luck on your search.

This^^^^ The wife will be VERY happy at Limcroma! Hannes and his staff are superb. They know how to take care of families and couples.

I've always dreamed of hunting Africa and I'm finally trying to make this dream come true within the next couple years. I'm hoping that coming onto this forum might shed some light on the many questions that I have and make it easier to finally book a trip.
I'm looking for a trip that could accommodate my self as a hunter and my Wife as a non hunter so that I can kill two birds with one stone and give her an extravagant vacation while satisfying my need to hunt. I've also never been outside the United States and even though I've been on a few Hunting trips that required me to fly I have never brought a firearm on the plane. I'm not opposed to trying to fly to Africa with my rifle but I'm thinking it may be better to rent a rifle there, Have any of you done this?
I've been looking at Intrepid Safaris and for under 5 grand I can do a plains game hunt but that being said how much money would you want to have at the ready?

Thank you all for the help and I apologize for the novel but this is something I need to make happen
Welcome to the forum! We offer the finest in old style, free range hunting PLUS we are wife and family friendly. Once you have narrowed your wish list, have a look at our web site or contact us. We will gladly assist in making your African Safari a reality. Namibia is economically and politically the most stable country in Africa. Happy planning

A Kudu must be added to your list as you can not beat hunting Kudu in the hills.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AundreaHal

Latest profile posts

Roan hunt of a life time !

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.