Looking For A Randall Stag Bowie 12-9 (To Use Not Collect)

SAFARIKIDD

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunted
TANZANIA..ZIM..BOTSWANA....NAMBIA
New ones are basically for collectors and priced accordingly! I would like to find a used one (a user) similar to the photo so let me know what ya got please....Thanks!
20220814_164058.jpg

This one is on GunsInternational. Might not be exactly what you want, but it's a sight cheaper than the other Randalls on there.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-08-15 at 9.59.04 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-08-15 at 9.59.04 AM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 34
Hey @SAFARIKIDD , good to run across you twice in one day! Contact Duke McCaa at Gulf Breeze Firearms in Gulf Breeze. He is a Randall Dealer. He would be a good bet to know where a used one might be for sale.
1-850-932-4867.

Sorry Safarikidd, I have what you are looking for, just Ivory handles and brass backed.

You should look at Behring Knives,....You won't be disappointed.

Send me more info and price...
[redacted]
Hi @SAFARIKIDD, Your private information was removed from your post for privacy reasons. If you want to provide someone your personal information please do so in the Conversation/Private Message (PM) system, thank you.

As per our posting guidelines:
It is not okay to post your own personal information or post links to your personal information, including but not limited to email addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses or identification numbers. If you want to provide someone else your personal information please do so in the Conversation/Private Message (PM) system.

To the Randall knowledgeable: How do recent production Randalls compare to older ones? I have two, 1958 and 1985 production and am wondering how new ones compare. Incidentally they are a 4-6 and a 5-5, so much too small for ones in the Bowie class.

To the Randall knowledgeable: How do recent production Randalls compare to older ones? I have two, 1958 and 1985 production and am wondering how new ones compare. Incidentally they are a 4-6 and a 5-5, so much too small for ones in the Bowie class.
anything made pre 1989 is going to carry significant collectors value because Bo was still alive and still involved in the business..

that's not to say that some new production randalls don't also carry significant collector value...

but a "bo" knife.. in just about any condition is going to be worth a good chunk of change..

If I were looking for a "user" I'd probably be targeting something made between 1990-2010.. that somebody beat up a good bit around a camp site.. or actually used as a field knife while in the military (lots of army SF guys preferred randalls from vietnam until 2002 when Q-Course graduates started being awarded a Reeve Yarborough upon completion of the course.. (I'd guess there are still a significant number of guys buying/carrying randalls as well out of tradition.. or they just really like the knife, etc)...

Last edited:
anything made pre 1989 is going to carry significant collectors value because Bo was still alive and still involved in the business..

that's not to say that some new production randalls don't also carry significant collector value...

but a "bo" knife.. in just about any condition is going to be worth a good chunk of change..

If I were looking for a "user" I'd probably be targeting something made between 1990-2010.. that somebody beat up a good bit around a camp site.. or actually used as a field knife while in the military (lots of army SF guys preferred randalls from vietnam until 2002 when Q-Course graduates started being awarded a Reeve Yarborough upon completion of the course.. (I'd guess there are still a significant number of guys buying/carrying randalls as well out of tradition.. or they just really like the knife, etc)...
Didn't know that about Bo, (the owner?) Always learning something on here.

Didn't know that about Bo, (the owner?) Always learning something on here.

Bo was the founder/owner until his death.. I think his son Gary still owns the place now?

My understanding is that Bo was still making knives personally until just a short period before he died.. Although I've never known how to identify a knife Bo made vs one of the craftsmen in the shop (they have had about 20+/- guys working in their shop in Orlando for a pretty long while)... one of the "knife" guys here might have more insight..

A million years ago I ran around a little bit with Pat Crawford, Rusty Von Boekman, the Frizzel brothers (all Arkanasas based bladesmiths) and a couple of other really well regarded knife makers (members of the guild, that were featured in all of the relevant magazines, etc long before "Forged in Fire" made everyone in the US want to be a knife maker lol).. Pat and Rusty in particular held Bo in the highest regard.. Thought he was not only a master craftsman.. but a genuinely wonderful human being..

Bo was the founder/owner until his death.. I think his son Gary still owns the place now?

My understanding is that Bo was still making knives personally until just a short period before he died.. Although I've never known how to identify a knife Bo made vs one of the craftsmen in the shop (they have had about 20+/- guys working in their shop in Orlando for a pretty long while)... one of the "knife" guys here might have more insight..

A million years ago I ran around a little bit with Pat Crawford, Rusty Von Boekman, the Frizzel brothers (all Arkanasas based bladesmiths) and a couple of other really well regarded knife makers (members of the guild, that were featured in all of the relevant magazines, etc long before "Forged in Fire" made everyone in the US want to be a knife maker lol).. Pat and Rusty in particular held Bo in the highest regard.. Thought he was not only a master craftsman.. but a genuinely wonderful human being..

Far as I know (and I don't know much except I want a #2 with an 8" blade, stag handle, and brass fittings) Gary's still there and in charge. And presumably it'll pass to his sons, who already work with the shop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AEQJenna74

Latest profile posts

Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]