Looking for a lion hunt...

Mike Fell has taken 70-90 pounders in Maswa and has a cancellation open this year in November which is prime time there. If someone wants his contact info, send me a PM.

Mike/Maswa would definitely be the exception! Also some good ones over by Taringare. The old hotspots in the Selous and western TZ were poached out ending in say 2014. I hear elephant numbers are now climbing in those areas, but good huntable numbers probably still 10 years away. Again the notable exception is in the tourist areas of the north where, by and large, missed by the recent poaching.

Mike/Maswa would definitely be the exception! Also some good ones over by Taringare. The old hotspots in the Selous and western TZ were poached out ending in say 2014. I hear elephant numbers are now climbing in those areas, but good huntable numbers probably still 10 years away. Again the notable exception is in the tourist areas of the north where, by and large, missed by the recent poaching.

Along with the two areas mentioned, I heard that Luafi still has some real nice bulls in the Game Reserve with more that come in and out of Katavi.

No. Shooting from a blind is like shooting from a bench. I'd rather have a truck run over my shoulder. I will most likely use the .458 B&M with CEB raptors. I might use the double for bait though, buffalo, hippo etc..
For Lion, I'd bet the 258 Socom bullets would work well in the 458 B&M. But the 420 Raptors would probably work just as well, and would be good for buffalo and Hippo too. I'd love to hunt a wild lion.

Along with the two areas mentioned, I heard that Luafi still has some real nice bulls in the Game Reserve with more that come in and out of Katavi.

I have heard that as well and they took a nice one 2 years ago in Lake Rukwa which also has a significant border with Katavi NP. Last year the problem was too much rain and the elephant stayed in the park.

Ruaha NP is also said to hold some big bulls as well.

Let us know if we can be of any assistance!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GUSLisa66

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

ghay wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Is this rifle sold? If not what is the weight of it and do you know if there is enough difference in diameter between the 35W and the 9.3 to allow for a rebore to a 9.3x62 which is what I am after?
Thanks,
Gary (Just down the road in Springfield)
Woods wrote on Hunter-Habib's profile.
Forgive me if this is the incorrect area, I signed up to this forum just now because I wanted to be on the list to purchase a copy of your autobiography. Please feel free to pass my information along to whomever is selling. Thank you so much. I look forward to it!
I like the Tillie in my picture. They are supposed to fit loose (2 fingers inside hat band), have mesh for cooling, and hold their shape after washing.
SSG Joe wrote on piratensafaris's profile.
From one newbie to another, Welcome aboard!
BLAAUWKRANTZ safaris wrote on Greylin's profile.
We have just completed a group hunt with guys from North Carolina, please feel free to contact the organizers of the group, Auburn at auburn@opextechnologies.com or Courtney at courtney@opextechnologies.com Please visit our website www.blaauwkrantz.com and email me at zanidixie@gmail.com
Zani