Looking for a lion hunt...

Mike Fell has taken 70-90 pounders in Maswa and has a cancellation open this year in November which is prime time there. If someone wants his contact info, send me a PM.

Mike/Maswa would definitely be the exception! Also some good ones over by Taringare. The old hotspots in the Selous and western TZ were poached out ending in say 2014. I hear elephant numbers are now climbing in those areas, but good huntable numbers probably still 10 years away. Again the notable exception is in the tourist areas of the north where, by and large, missed by the recent poaching.
 
Mike/Maswa would definitely be the exception! Also some good ones over by Taringare. The old hotspots in the Selous and western TZ were poached out ending in say 2014. I hear elephant numbers are now climbing in those areas, but good huntable numbers probably still 10 years away. Again the notable exception is in the tourist areas of the north where, by and large, missed by the recent poaching.

Along with the two areas mentioned, I heard that Luafi still has some real nice bulls in the Game Reserve with more that come in and out of Katavi.
 
No. Shooting from a blind is like shooting from a bench. I'd rather have a truck run over my shoulder. I will most likely use the .458 B&M with CEB raptors. I might use the double for bait though, buffalo, hippo etc..
For Lion, I'd bet the 258 Socom bullets would work well in the 458 B&M. But the 420 Raptors would probably work just as well, and would be good for buffalo and Hippo too. I'd love to hunt a wild lion.
 
Along with the two areas mentioned, I heard that Luafi still has some real nice bulls in the Game Reserve with more that come in and out of Katavi.

I have heard that as well and they took a nice one 2 years ago in Lake Rukwa which also has a significant border with Katavi NP. Last year the problem was too much rain and the elephant stayed in the park.

Ruaha NP is also said to hold some big bulls as well.
 
Let us know if we can be of any assistance!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,292
Messages
1,571,863
Members
169,451
Latest member
Nickjohniu
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top