Lion Imports for US

redassnavajo

AH veteran
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
I have been speaking with a Safari Operator out of Namibia that has lions (problem prides) that he calls a shoot and sell permit. My question is are these importable into the US? I have sent message to Ah member week or so ago no response. Also what is criteria I have searched to no real results can or do you apply before you hunt or can you only do after? I even email USFWS and 0 response from them as well.
I am also looking into a SA hunt which will be photo op only but Namibia outfitter has good pricing if importable to US but could get expensive .

You won't be able to import them. All problem animals hunts are pretty scary hunts to me. They advertise them as necessary but it's highly questionable to me.

You won't be able to import them. All problem animals hunts are pretty scary hunts to me. They advertise them as necessary but it's highly questionable to me.
Is a problem animal hunt treated the same as a cull hunt?

Is a problem animal hunt treated the same as a cull hunt?
No. A problem animal needs a special permit and is normally not allowed to be sold to and hunted by a client.

I have been speaking with a Safari Operator out of Namibia that has lions (problem prides) that he calls a shoot and sell permit. My question is are these importable into the US? I have sent message to Ah member week or so ago no response. Also what is criteria I have searched to no real results can or do you apply before you hunt or can you only do after? I even email USFWS and 0 response from them as well.
I am also looking into a SA hunt which will be photo op only but Namibia outfitter has good pricing if importable to US but could get expensive .
Your best bet it to do research on the hunt, contact the Namibian professional hunters associations and ask questions.
Imports are another issue. It's up in the air right now. I'm in the process of getting the rest of my lion home (floating bones) I'll post whether I'm successful or not. USFW didn't ban lion imports per say they just haven't issued import permits. You never know until you try. The election results may have a huge impact on this exact question, time will tell and I hope it does. Also call Rosella or Robert at SSI who are also sponsors. If anyone can do it they can.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sander.kvern

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH