Lion Attack

AfricaHunting.com

Founder
AH ambassador
Joined
Oct 1, 2007
Messages
14,042
Reaction score
10,650
Website
www.africahunting.com
Media
5,597
Articles
321
Lion Attack

Here is a series of pictures of a Desert Lion attacking a 4x4 closed tour vehicle with pop-top roof and sliding windows near the Wilderness Skeleton Coast Camp set within the Skeleton Coast Park in Namibia. This incident occurred a couple of years ago, apparently this Lion had been harassed by tourist vehicles and finally had enough.

watermark.php


watermark.php


watermark.php


watermark.php


watermark.php


watermark.php


watermark.php


watermark.php


watermark.php


watermark.php


watermark.php


watermark.php


watermark.php
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Good post Jerome. It is again an eye opener to people that think that lion and other big game animals are "tamed" in parks and reserves. Personally I think that if the tour guide were experienced enough he would have seen that the lion was aggravated and that it was going to charge them. On just the photos posted you can clearly see the cat is not happy with the presence of the car and people... It is very good pics though!

Thank you,
 
. . . It is again an eye opener to people that think that lion and other big game animals are "tamed" in parks and reserves. Personally I think that if the tour guide were experienced enough he would have seen that the lion was aggravated and that it was going to charge them. On just the photos posted you can clearly see the cat is not happy with the presence of the car and people . . .



Good post 'Hartzview', I agree on all points. And as you say the photos clearly show a tense and aggravated lion.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,341
Messages
1,573,354
Members
169,741
Latest member
RainaCisne
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top