Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.africahunting.com
Media
Articles
Lion Attack

Here is a series of pictures of a Desert Lion attacking a 4x4 closed tour vehicle with pop-top roof and sliding windows near the Wilderness Skeleton Coast Camp set within the Skeleton Coast Park in Namibia. This incident occurred a couple of years ago, apparently this Lion had been harassed by tourist vehicles and finally had enough.

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Good post Jerome. It is again an eye opener to people that think that lion and other big game animals are "tamed" in parks and reserves. Personally I think that if the tour guide were experienced enough he would have seen that the lion was aggravated and that it was going to charge them. On just the photos posted you can clearly see the cat is not happy with the presence of the car and people... It is very good pics though!

Thank you,

. . . It is again an eye opener to people that think that lion and other big game animals are "tamed" in parks and reserves. Personally I think that if the tour guide were experienced enough he would have seen that the lion was aggravated and that it was going to charge them. On just the photos posted you can clearly see the cat is not happy with the presence of the car and people . . .

Good post 'Hartzview', I agree on all points. And as you say the photos clearly show a tense and aggravated lion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillieBurk

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg