Limpopo plains game pricing

Elkeater

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Headed to Limpopo next year. Plains game and first safari. Picked up a package deal. 6 days of hunting, transportation from or Rambo, all inclusive except alcohol. Included in the package is (1) either zebra or black wildebeest or blue wildebeest. (2) of either impala, springbok, warthog or blesbok.

as of right now I’m planning on just going with the “what Africa provides” approach and just kinda taking what good quality trophies present opportunities. So while I pick package trophies I’m also open to other species a la carte. So if you’re hunting Limpopo what other species would you look for and what is the reasonable price range for that species?

Your outfitter should have a pricelist available. You need to get it and memorize it.

If you want some comparisons, there are some very good AH sponsor outfitters in the Limpopo. Look them up and check out their price lists and what they offer.

Just go to the top yellow bar "members" and pull down to Sponsors. You will find the Limpopo outfitters with a little research.

Have fun. Hope you enjoy your trip. Let us know how it went when you get back.

I don’t know if this answers your question?
here is our package for 2024, then my buddy is heading to Zimbabwean lake koriba for hippo cost ? I’m tagging along for a buffalo ( cull)
“”

10-DAY, 12 ANIMAL PACKAGE​

1X1: $7,000

• Kudu
  • Gemsbuck -or- Burchell Zebra
  • Blue Wildebeest -or- Black Wildebeest -or- Hartebeest
  • Impala
  • Blesbuck
  • Duiker
  • Warthog
  • Cull Impala
  • Cull Blesbuck
  • Choose 3: Baboon, Jackal, Mountain Reedbuck, Male -or- Female White Blesbuck, Ostrich, Cape Springbuck or Black Springbuck!

Last edited:
Headed to Limpopo next year. Plains game and first safari. Picked up a package deal. 6 days of hunting, transportation from or Rambo, all inclusive except alcohol. Included in the package is (1) either zebra or black wildebeest or blue wildebeest. (2) of either impala, springbok, warthog or blesbok.

as of right now I’m planning on just going with the “what Africa provides” approach and just kinda taking what good quality trophies present opportunities. So while I pick package trophies I’m also open to other species a la carte. So if you’re hunting Limpopo what other species would you look for and what is the reasonable price range for that species?
Feel free to check out our prices. They are pretty standard/average.

You're asking prices after the deal? That sends up red flags in my book. Tis the season, auction season. You should have a list provided from your outfitter. For comparison I 'd suggest going to the deals section and checking the price list of 4-5 outfitters advertising on there that are from the same region.

You're asking prices after the deal? That sends up red flags in my book. Tis the season, auction season. You should have a list provided from your outfitter. For comparison I 'd suggest going to the deals section and checking the price list of 4-5 outfitters advertising on there that are from the same region.
From what I can tell the trophy fees are very in line with market value. I have the price list and am happy with the chosen outfitter thus far.
I think I should have asked this question clearer. I think I’m actually more interested in what species to look at taking in Limpopo and then just more curious on pricing.

You can't go to Africa and not take a Kudu or a Warthog. I went to the Eastern Cape on a 4-animal package, and when the dust settled, I ended taking a total of 8 animals. I tagged out early, and for two days I hung around the camp, going through my notes and enjoying the beautiful scenery and helping around where I could. I was happy chilling out.

Kudu.

Kudu is an iconic African animal and makes an amazing trophy.

Wildebeest, steenbuck, bushbuck, and baboon top my list of animals that tend to get shadowed by the sexier animals like kudu and impala.

IMO the best way to approach hunting in Africa is to have 1-2 target species and be willing to take exceptional trophies provided by the bush. Exceptional trophy can mean anything, obnoxiously large headgear, obviously old and declining, or just a really cool stalk. Focus on the experience of the hunt and you likely will leave happy.

I don’t know if this answers your question?
here is our package for 2024, then my buddy is heading to Zimbabwean lake koriba for hippo cost ? I’m tagging along for a buffalo ( cull)
“”

10-DAY, 12 ANIMAL PACKAGE​

1X1: $7,000

• Kudu
  • Gemsbuck -or- Burchell Zebra
  • Blue Wildebeest -or- Black Wildebeest -or- Hartebeest
  • Impala
  • Blesbuck
  • Duiker
  • Warthog
  • Cull Impala
  • Cull Blesbuck
  • Choose 3: Baboon, Jackal, Mountain Reedbuck, Male -or- Female White Blesbuck, Ostrich, Cape Springbuck or Black Springbuck!
Very good prices

Never be afraid to ask your outfitter if he has any 'cull' or 'management' animals you could take. Now that I've been to Africa a number of times, I sometimes like to mix in some cull animals just for kicks and giggles.

From what I can tell the trophy fees are very in line with market value. I have the price list and am happy with the chosen outfitter thus far.
I think I should have asked this question clearer. I think I’m actually more interested in what species to look at taking in Limpopo and then just more curious on pricing.
Fair enough. Well, no one ever complained about kudu, ever. So assuming it's in the $2500 +-range I've seen lately for good Limpopo bulls, that's numero uno. If your outfitter has some good grassy areas I suggest steenbok. And bushbuck along the thick stuff often get looked over for a first hunt, so check them out ask your outfitter if they have them. Some areas do, some not so much. After that it's the usual, but still great species like zebra, warthog and blue wildebeest.

Sounds like kudu and bushbuck would be good representatives of Limpopo. And yes to the zebra rug. We want one in our house. I’m sure I’ll add a couple of the cheaper critters too like impala or blesbok.

think my list is probably

Zebra
Impala
Warthog

add if given a good opportunity at a nice specimen:
Kudu
Bushbuck
Nyala
Blue wildebeest
Steenbok
Blesbok
Springbuck

Last edited:
Never be afraid to ask your outfitter if he has any 'cull' or 'management' animals you could take. Now that I've been to Africa a number of times, I sometimes like to mix in some cull animals just for kicks and giggles.
I do an annual Texas exotic hunt for axis deer, pigs, etc. I always ask about culls. I’ve gotten very reduced price and even free critters that way. I will certainly ask about those especially if we have a day towards the end and most of our desired critters are taken.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsmaelMorg

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg