Limpopo bird hunting

Discussion in 'Hunting Africa' started by lupacexi, Jun 30, 2018.

1. lupacexi

lupacexi New Member

I have been reading this forum for a few years but haven't posted much. I do want to thank everyone for so much valuable information though. I am going on my third trip to SA next month. Early June. I will actually be hunting two different places. One I have been to before one I have not. One is around the Bokkraal area and the other Louis Trichardt area. I'll have two days between hunts and looking to fill them with something fun. Was curios if anyone knew of any bird hunting areas between those two areas? I know most wingshooting is done south in the Free state area but hoping someone may know of a farm that provides it further north. It's just a thought. I'm also looking at maybe some fishing. Anything really to fill the time. Any suggestions is appreciated. I will be traveling with rifles so I'm not sure about staying at any of the parks.

AfricaHunting.com likes this.

2. Ridgewalker

Ridgewalker AH ENABLER LIFETIME BRONZE BENEFACTOR AH Legend

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    South Africa: Limpopo, Northwest; USA: Ak, Mt, Wy, Co, Ne, Ks, Nv, NM, Tx
    I love upland bird hunting! I have a GSP and we have hunted most of the Rocky Mountain states from Montana to Texas.
    I don’t know where those areas are, but Pieter at PawPrints has 3 GSPs and does upland and waterfowl hunts. You can check their website for info. They are located near Rustenberg about 1 1/2 hours west of Joberg.
    Hope this helps!

Welcome to AH! Glad you decided to join us!

3. CAustin

CAustin AH ENABLER BRONZE SUPPORTER AH Ambassador

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    Courtney Hunting Club, NRA Life Member, SCI Kansas City Chapter
    Hunted:
    South Africa, Kalahari, Northwest, Limpopo, Gauteng, APNR Kruger Area. USA Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas, New Mexico, North Carolina and Texas
    Welcome to AH sir. Your outfitter should have a connection for bird hunting. I know mine does.